Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actress Sharon Stone has a sister with lupus and auto-immune disease, only been to the pharmacy during the outbreak, and now hospitalized with Covid-19.
View attachment 605334

Yea, the missus got the lupus and is immunosuppressed. Worrisome. Was excited for a little while as she is and has been on hydroxy for a long time.

Well, she is certainly an expert.
No it’s a family view.

Well, she is certainly an expert.

Well it makes a nice bookend for all the people saying "Well you know 99.whatever survive COVID"

I know a few in the 99 that say it REALLY sucks. Thats just the hopitalized one. Primarily 2 around 50 in great shape that couldn't breath to get up and hit the head in the hospital.

They both give COVID a 1 star on Yelp, so I have decided to avoid it....

Nobody has really updated this lately but I'll eat the crow - I thought we'd be closed here in a few weeks but things have really gotten better, much better. Over the last two weeks, 10 out of the last 14 days we've had less new cases than recovered cases, way better than the days of July when it was 4 new ones for every recovered one. Chetumal and Cozumel are down 35% in active cases, Playa is down 25% - Cancun is just staying the same sort of...... Hopefully this trend continues on, it seems like every day you see more and more people out and about downtown, that feeling is coming back.

The next step here is Yellow and there really isn't much difference, biggest change is public beaches can open for the locals. Hotels go to 50% but I don't think many are at capacity now. Restraunts go to 50% too, boats are supposed to go to 50% but the Port Captain has them there already, maybe she'll raise that.

118164193_2811710499050493_7229706430454511679_n.jpg

Nobody has really updated this lately but I'll eat the crow - I thought we'd be closed here in a few weeks but things have really gotten better, much better. Over the last two weeks, 10 out of the last 14 days we've had less new cases than recovered cases, way better than the days of July when it was 4 new ones for every recovered one. Chetumal and Cozumel are down 35% in active cases, Playa is down 25% - Cancun is just staying the same sort of...... Hopefully this trend continues on, it seems like every day you see more and more people out and about downtown, that feeling is coming back.

The next step here is Yellow and there really isn't much difference, biggest change is public beaches can open for the locals. Hotels go to 50% but I don't think many are at capacity now. Restraunts go to 50% too, boats are supposed to go to 50% but the Port Captain has them there already, maybe she'll raise that.

View attachment 607084

That there is some mighty tasty crow...

View attachment 607084

I like how they have red, yellow, and green phases and QR is shown in that lovely shade of Caucasian silly putty.

Oddly enough, that map almost looks like the Northeast United States. Weird.

View attachment 607084
That is great news. The trouble with the future is that it is hard to predict.

Are beaches open? Or to be precise, is swimming permitted? Are there any restrictions on that? Thank you.

Some beach clubs are open, you can swim at hotel beaches and club beaches but no public beaches as of today - they make weekly announcements on Thursday at 8pm.

That said, there are people here and there in the water in public areas - they turn a blind eye until there’s crowds

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom