Cozumel Customs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveLaz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can anyone who has been to Cozumel very recently please advise on what forms are needed upon arrival. I was trying to fill them out ahead of time but having a hard time finding them. I've also heard that they have done away with all forms very recently and all you need is passport. If anyone can advise, thanks!

You need the standard immigration form. The one that asks if you're bring in contraband or currency >$10,000.

Don't need to prepare anything in advance, Cozumel customs agent will give you a form to fill out once you're inside the airport.

Just bring a pen :)

edit - https://www.mexicotouristcard.com/customs.html
This is the required customs form if you want to fill it out in advance.
The disclaimer for your link

*****THE FORMS BELOW ARE SAMPLES ONLY - YOU CANNOT DOWNLOAD AND USE THEM. YOU WILL GET A PAPER FORM FROM THE AIRLINE*****

Immigration - no form

Customs - you may get the form on the plane, if you don’t you will get it while you wait for your luggage

Tip - take a few extras for your next trip to CZM

Can anyone who has been to Cozumel very recently please advise on what forms are needed upon arrival. I was trying to fill them out ahead of time but having a hard time finding them. I've also heard that they have done away with all forms very recently and all you need is passport. If anyone can advise, thanks!
The Immigration form has gone away but there is still the Customs form, one form per family. I wouldn't worry about it in advance; it takes all of 5 minutes to fill out and they will most likely give it to you on the plane in plenty of time before you land. You have already spent a lot more time worrying about it than it will take you to deal with it when you arrive. :D

I agree with the others here. The flight attendant will hand out the form on the plane. Better to fill it out on the plane because it becomes a bit of a cluster with the crowds for those who get the form in the customs area, try to find a place to write on, etc. Last time I was there, I grabbed a few to take home for future trips. Have fun!

I agree with the others here. The flight attendant will hand out the form on the plane. Better to fill it out on the plane because it becomes a bit of a cluster with the crowds for those who get the form in the customs area, try to find a place to write on, etc. Last time I was there, I grabbed a few to take home for future trips. Have fun!
last time I went, December 2022, American Airlines didn't hand it out on the plane. We got it once inside the building

It's been a long time since I have been handed a customs form on a flight from DFW. May be the luck of the draw but for the last year the forms were handed in the terminal.
I usually use the online customs site and print out the document (remember to sign it to make it valid) Datos de identificación

Select Cancun as the city and Cozumel as the terminal. Cozumel customs is under the Cancun office. The site does not like Chrome, use Edge or the iOS browser

I wouldn't count on the airlines handing out the form.

We arrived on the 8th on Southwest. First time flying them and was surprised that they provided the link that @gopbroek posted. We generally fly American, even though I detest them, and the forms are passed out maybe 1/2 the time.

I always have it filled out prior to arrival. I'll do just about anything to get out of that airport quickly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom