Trip Report Cozumel- December 20-31, 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was a Texan from France who dove sidemount on our boat twice with Aldora. He first dove with 2 120’s. Then the next day he had 2 Aluminum tanks. Can’t remember the size but I’m assuming they were larger. Quite a lot of gear to put together but he knew it well and was last to be picked up somewhere at a southern resort.

Not possible for me. I’m a United 2M passenger. I’m married to them!

I am also in the married to United camp , about to come up on 1M miles (a fraction of you obviously, but still plenty ). I am one of few people in Texas that is nervous about Southwest starting flights from Houston Hobby to Cozumel because I am afraid United will pare back their schedule. If they hadn’t played so many games with their schedule over the years they wouldn’t have provided Southwest an opening (see earlier post about gouging).

I have no idea how Houston to Cozumel route can support that many flights given United’s have rarely been full over the years when they run more than a couple per week.

Not possible for me. I’m a United 2M passenger. I’m married to them!
I can understand! I had status with Delta, loved the perks. Still have lots of miles to use but since they are no longer flying into Cozumel I am back to using AA for those trips. I am surprised that you must overnight in Houston. United had a few flights without that overnight from EWR to CZM. Having just moved to Augusta from NY, the local airport make flying AA to Cozumel the only way to go.

I can understand! I had status with Delta, loved the perks. Still have lots of miles to use but since they are no longer flying into Cozumel I am back to using AA for those trips. I am surprised that you must overnight in Houston. United had a few flights without that overnight from EWR to CZM. Having just moved to Augusta from NY, the local airport make flying AA to Cozumel the only way to go.

United made the layover time a real hit or miss thing. Flight would leave Newark at 6am and departure from IAH was around 10ish. I used to work in Houston so have a lot of friends there. Better to go on Friday afternoon then to Pappasitos for dinner and drinks and grab the morning flight. Vacation is about leisure for me. Rushing to and from gates in Houston no fun.

I live in NJ and used to commute to Houston. Did that for over 12 years. Got to know my way around Intercontinental and I45!

There was a Texan from France who dove sidemount on our boat twice with Aldora. He first dove with 2 120’s. Then the next day he had 2 Aluminum tanks. Can’t remember the size but I’m assuming they were larger. Quite a lot of gear to put together but he knew it well and was last to be picked up somewhere at a southern resort.
I feel a limerick coming on. :D

There once was a Texan from France...

Anyone have any experience with either the Melia Cozumel resort or the Hotel Grand Bank Royal Cozumel?

I got some excellent deals with those available...

United made the layover time a real hit or miss thing. Flight would leave Newark at 6am and departure from IAH was around 10ish. I used to work in Houston so have a lot of friends there. Better to go on Friday afternoon then to Pappasitos for dinner and drinks and grab the morning flight. Vacation is about leisure for me. Rushing to and from gates in Houston no fun.

I live in NJ and used to commute to Houston. Did that for over 12 years. Got to know my way around Intercontinental and I45!
I was always in a rush to get to the destination! Sounds like a perfect way for you to start your vacation!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom