Cozumel dive shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay I just had to get in a word for Ricardo and Tony on the Careyitos. They work from Ricardo house, no store fornt here..strictly a word of mouth operation. They dive where you want and to your profile and time...based on your computer. Call them at 011 52 987 21578 or 20111. You'll be glad you did!

A group of 6 of us just got back from Cozumel last week and we dove with BlueXTsea and could not have been happier. Christi went above and beyond to help us out (even taking me to the airport to pickup my son that arrived a day later, to save the taxi fare and make it even more convenient for me)

I concur with what has been said about her op previously, fresh water shower, fresh towels for each diver, homemade chocolate chip muffins, cold water and lemonade, SI at a beach club with great food (one day she made turkey sandwiches for us all), great DM's (pointing out all sorts of stuff) and captains (right there when you surface), thorough dive briefings and all of the 6 in our group dove our computers. A couple in the group are air hogs, so Christi provided 100's for them the next day without us asking so that we could all stay down as long as possible together.

All 6 of us earned our nitrox certification with her, she is also a clear and concise teacher. 2 of us went on and got the AOW certification through her too.

We came to appreciate her boat Shamu too, we were on 3 different boats the week we were there and Shamu was the nicest and fastest with a 215hp Yamaha outboard. The others were much slower. We were on other boats since BlueXTsea was one of the busiest dive ops last week, and Christi had to juggle a bit with the boats. Every day we were picked up right on time at a downtown pier just steps from our hotel (Casa Mexicana), but one day due to weather she paid for a taxi to take us to the Caleta. We motored out of the Caleta that day probably being 1 of only a dozen or so other dive boats out. Looked to me that other ops had no customers, but Christi had multiple boats going out, I think that says alot.

I am sure there are a relative few other ops on the island that offer this type of service, but this one I can vouch for firsthand.

I have been going to Coz for some time now and lurking and having a few posts on this board. I have a dive opp which I have used for years now and have no intentions of leaving them.
If I were to teach a class on how to start and build a business the only thing I would do is point the class towards Christi and BlueXTsea!
Christi has used the internet and message boards in a masterful way. I have never seen her "bad mouth" other local opps, but only compliments her competition and has used this and other message boards in an informative and non-spamming way. If I were new to Coz or were looking for another opp BlueXTsea would be at the top of the list because of the way that Christi has built that business. I would think that the only drawback to BlueXTsea is that you may not get a seat in the boat in the event of a last minute trip. I know that I may be able to get in with my guy at the last minute. I also know that Christi will always be there because of the way she has built the business and taken care of her customers!
Christi, I hope things are well and please continue with all the information on Coz and the diving comunity. I'm guessing it's good for business!

Back
Top Bottom