Question Cozumel Dive Shop for Group Wanting to be Certified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Sorry, I have read through all the threads on cozumel dive shop but wanted to ask a particular quesiton. We have a group of 4 (1 is OW certified but a beginner needing a refresher, and 3 who want to be OW certified). We are going to cozumel as a family to dive together and all get on the same level. Anyone recommend a good dive shop?

We would love a chill atmosphere with small boats (4-6 divers) and would be even willing to pay slightly extra for early divers to avoid crowdedness.

Appreciate all your help!

Alex is awesome!

With those parameters, I'd say check with ScubaJuan - smaller dive op with small boats that likely won't be crowded, and very laid back atmosphere.

With a group of 4 learners, you absolutely should have your own boat and instructor.
I can recommend Salty Endeavors and Aldora.
They both operate multiple boats and have highly qualified staff.

where will you be staying? if it was me, i of course would want a reputable shop, but it would even better if they were close by or even on site.

Sorry, I have read through all the threads on cozumel dive shop but wanted to ask a particular quesiton. We have a group of 4 (1 is OW certified but a beginner needing a refresher, and 3 who want to be OW certified). We are going to cozumel as a family to dive together and all get on the same level. Anyone recommend a good dive shop?

We would love a chill atmosphere with small boats (4-6 divers) and would be even willing to pay slightly extra for early divers to avoid crowdedness.

First off, i no longer have a financial interest in Aldora DIVERS. If you choose to go with them you will be guaranteed to have your own fast boat and two instructors (they limit instruction to just two divers per instructor). In addition if you stay at my ocean front Villa Aldora, you can use the pool which is deep enough for "legitimate" pool skills just a few steps from your room. Plus Aldora Divers boats will pick you up right there.

Have a look at www.aldoravilla.com

Dave Dillehay

Dimi Scuba Tours has ben very good to us on multiple occasions. Ms Diana should be able to get what you need!

Blue Angel Resort and Dive School. Dive shop right next to the water, excellent training area steps from the shop and a pool as well. Bonus, they have a great shore dive.

where will you be staying? if it was me, i of course would want a reputable shop, but it would even better if they were close by or even on site.
Like Blue Angel, for instance.

Do your class and pool work at home and do the open water cert on Cozumel. That way you can get a lot more dives in during your vacation.

Back
Top Bottom