Beginner Diving in Curacao??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nldunn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,
My husband and I just had a refresher course in Cozumel after 30 years of not diving and when we did dive, we only went a few times back then. We did two long dives the second day of our refresher course, 40 feet deep.
We would love to dive Curacao but I'm concerned because we are not experienced. I don't want to shore dive alone, I don't want deep dives and am looking for a "hand-holding" experience, at least for the first few dives.
Can anyone recommend some dive shops that are good with older (early 60s) people who are newbies and one of them (me!) who is still nervous? Thank you!

Nancy

Go to Corral Estates and dive there. Great dive shop right by where you walk into the water. They have guides (DM) to take you out. There is also a large rope that you can follow out across the sand and down the coral to 100 feet. Super easy for you to see the rope on your way back and follow it up to the shore.

Go to Corral Estates and dive there. Great dive shop right by where you walk into the water. They have guides (DM) to take you out. There is also a large rope that you can follow out across the sand and down the coral to 100 feet. Super easy for you to see the rope on your way back and follow it up to the shore.
100 feet!! Yikes!! Is there anything there more shallow?
Thank you!

Thank you!
All good. It was to show you that the rope goes down that far. Doesn't mean you need to go that deep, but instead for you to know that the rope will be there for you two when you return. Three nice restaurants right there also. We have been to Curacao 4 times. Coral estates is a great place for new divers to go. Super easy diving. Healthy reef. Go out and go right or left and enjoy. Im sure that you would be happy with this choice.

Corral Estates and dive there. Great dive shop right by where you walk into the water.

Is the resort/hotel still there (what used to be Habitat Curacao)? It is the best set up with great diving.

Thank you!

You don't have to go that deep. I have been there 13 times in the past and it is my best place to take my entry level students for their training dives. VERY easy entry and excellent dive. In fact, it is like two different dives; you go right on the wall and it is one site and go left and it is different dive. I seldom go deeper than 40 feet there (no need at all).

There is the resort with condos for rent and three restaurants. We rent a house.

No more hotel? The condos used to be higher on the hill but the hotel was where the pools and restaurant are close to the water?

Back
Top Bottom