Beginner Diving in Curacao??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All good. It was to show you that the rope goes down that far. Doesn't mean you need to go that deep, but instead for you to know that the rope will be there for you two when you return. Three nice restaurants right there also. We have been to Curacao 4 times. Coral estates is a great place for new divers to go. Super easy diving. Healthy reef. Go out and go right or left and enjoy. Im sure that you would be happy with this choice.
Thank you for clarifying!! I appreciate all of the information -
Nancy

No more hotel? The condos used to be higher on the hill but the hotel was where the pools and restaurant are close to the water?

They have a spa building right beside the pool.
Perhaps that was a low level hotel at one point?
I think it's all condos. We have stayed in a beachfront condo 4 plex. Was a studio room with a balcony facing the ocean. 1 minute walk to the dive shop and 3 restaurants.

Building straight up the stairs from the water is the dive shop (building on the right).
Building in the left is Karakter restaurant and a second restaurant above.

The shore diving on the Curacao sites I have been to couldn't be any easier. Unlike Bonaire which has iron shore that you have to be careful not to fall down on or injure yourself getting into and out of the shallows there are lots of perfectly sandy entries.

Should be a perfect place to gain experience and confidence. Hire a DM for the hand holding.

The shore diving on the Curacao sites I have been to couldn't be any easier. Unlike Bonaire which has iron shore that you have to be careful not to fall down on or injure yourself getting into and out of the shallows there are lots of perfectly sandy entries.

Should be a perfect place to gain experience and confidence. Hire a DM for the hand holding.
That sounds amazing!! Thank you!

The biggest challenge you will find shore diving Curacao is avoiding tripping over the pig....

1701456395137.jpeg

she... and yes she is. Porto Marie is the site.

Most the sites are beach walk-ins that I have experienced in 3 trips to Curacao (all done with The Dive Bus).

We are there again in two weeks for trip #4. Looking forward to catching back up with our friends at the Dive Bus. Been too long!

There was a married couple that was staying at the same place in Westpunt as I was about 4 weeks ago. I would guess they were in their 50s. They were relatively inexperienced and were nervous because they had never dove without a guide.

They were so excited to progress to shore diving without a guide. It seemed to be such a liberating event in their diving journey.

And there is no need to dive deep. I did a lot of 30 foot reef dives when I was a new diver and am glad I did. Knowing you can always do a CESA can take a lot of anxiety out of the diving experience.

A trip with the Dive Bus (shore diving) is really easy, fun, and good diving.
I absolutely second the Dive Bus. Super friendly staff, and they definitely have no issues with a little hand holding. I dove with a family of beginners the week I was there and they did a good job of balancing the dives for what I was interested in and what they were capable of.

It's also just down the street from Lions Dive if you decide to stay there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom