Beginner Diving in Curacao??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I absolutely second the Dive Bus. Super friendly staff, and they definitely have no issues with a little hand holding. I dove with a family of beginners the week I was there and they did a good job of balancing the dives for what I was interested in and what they were capable of.

It's also just down the street from Lions Dive if you decide to stay there.
Thank you! I think we just decided on Curacao in april!!

You will not be disappointed diving with the Dive Bus, and you will not have to worry about your lack of current experience. I spent a month diving with them a couple years ago, and they can handle divers of all skills. Fun and relaxed dives. If you are looking for some boat dives, Ocean Encounters is excellent.

Hi all,
My husband and I just had a refresher course in Cozumel after 30 years of not diving and when we did dive, we only went a few times back then. We did two long dives the second day of our refresher course, 40 feet deep.
We would love to dive Curacao but I'm concerned because we are not experienced. I don't want to shore dive alone, I don't want deep dives and am looking for a "hand-holding" experience, at least for the first few dives.
Can anyone recommend some dive shops that are good with older (early 60s) people who are newbies and one of them (me!) who is still nervous? Thank you!

Nancy
Almost all of the diving in Curacao is "easy". You'll LOVE it! Highly recommend Ocean Encounters. They have a shop at Lion's Dive, which is also a nice place to stay.....

You will not be disappointed diving with the Dive Bus, and you will not have to worry about your lack of current experience. I spent a month diving with them a couple years ago, and they can handle divers of all skills. Fun and relaxed dives. If you are looking for some boat dives, Ocean Encounters is excellent.
Thank you! I'm looking forward to this trip a lot more now!

I'm a 3rd, or maybe 4th for Ocean Encounters at Lion's Dive. Great boat dives and an easy shore dive if you want to try that also.
I think they are near Lion's Dive? I emailed them but haven't heard back yet.
Thank you!

Almost all of the diving in Curacao is "easy". You'll LOVE it! Highly recommend Ocean Encounters. They have a shop at Lion's Dive, which is also a nice place to stay.....
I'm looking into both of those right now. Lions Dive has reasonable rates for when we want to go! Thank you!

Lions is nice with a great breakfast buffet, great beach, and a couple restaurants on site, plus a very short walk over to Mambo Beach with tons of food and shopping and beach bars. We enjoyed it for two trips, but wanted to cut costs, so went to bungalow type facilities not on the beach/ocean and buy/cook on our own with an occasional meal out.

Dive operation (OE) is right there on the compound with a dive shop and boats.

Back
Top Bottom