Trip Report Cozumel Diving Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ColoDale

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
A few diving photos. I took these in February but unfortunately my computer went belly up during an OS upgrade and new SSD drive change, and after new motherboard, processor and memory and reinstalling all applications, I finally got around to getting the photos off the card. I dove only two days, picked up a head cold and had to stop diving. I used a wide angle lens with dome port in anticipation of seeing eagle rays but we did not see a single one. Once I stopped diving, and as usual, my friends on the boat saw eagle rays. Any closer photos I had were close focus wide angle. I was diving with Bottom Time Divers.
Lately we have seen eagle rays from the shore and two days ago, a pod of dolphins moving slowly south. Today the beach is packed for Easter and doubtful that anything will come close to shore.

Banded Butterflyfish
Coz Feb 2022 Banded Butterflyfish 001c.jpg

Brown Spotted Moray Eel
Coz Feb 2022 Brown Spotted Moray Eel 001c.jpg

Goldentail Moray Eel
Coz Feb 2022 Goldentail Moray Eel 001c.jpg

Mutton Snapper
Coz Feb 2022 Mutton Snapper 001c.jpg

Queen Angelfish
Coz Feb 2022 Queen Angelfish 001c.jpg

DM/owner Raul with Hawksbill Turtle
Coz Feb 2022 Raul Hawksbill Turtle 001c.jpg

Sand Diver
Coz Feb 2022 Sand Diver 001c.jpg

Sea fans etc on one of the Palancars
Coz Feb 2022 Seascape 002c.jpg

I dove only two days, picked up a head cold and had to stop diving.
I live in fear of things like this. A distant scuba diving trip is a gamble on one's health holding up. The fear of a positive COVID-19 test added to that, but even without pandemic-related concerns, a head cold can throw a wrench in the gears of a trip that cost a few to several grand (for one person) and valued vacation time. All that planning, build-up and expense culminating in...'Oh, crap! My ear won't clear.'

Nice shots.

Richard.

Beautiful pictures! Very well-done photography. :)
I hope to dive in the tropics someday. It looks so calming and beautiful (warmth helps! :) )

Couple days ago a great hammerhead was chasing an eagle ray in the shallow Cielo area where boats park.

I’m glad I finally saw someone say where it was. I suspected Cielo when I saw the video.

Thanks for posting. The golden tail, the sand diver and the green moray were my favorites. It is hard to get close enough for the photos with the sand divers before they dart away.

Very nice

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom