Cozumel Eagle Ray Takes a Jump

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jane- Can you PM me your email so I can send you the pics. I can't figure out how to insert them. Can you do it??

OK. I still can't figure out how to upload the pictures from my disk but I did manage to upload four images to my "gallery". One other note... There are really 2 major theories about why a creature this large would jump into a boat. The first one Jane mentioned, that it was trying to catch some fish. The other theory our dive master, Gabriel. and many of the other locals proposed was that it was not trying to catch something but rather trying not to be caught. I am not sure that I want to unknowingly be swimming with something that can cause a 400+ lb ray to jump out of the water like that!!!!

Look on my gallery. There are 4 of them there!!!!

Thanks for the pics - WOW that is crazy. Sad though - I hope the locals like ray.

Looking at the pics thats a big eagle ray but I would say 400+ is a large over estimation. From the size probably half that is more accurate for weight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom