Unknown Cozumel: Horrible dive accident...

This Thread Prefix is for incidents when the cause is not known.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How could they have assessed him without pulling him on deck?

Who assessed and declared him dead? Was there a medical professional?
We don't have enough information, was the body found at depth, stiff, and blue, then bc inflated so it surfaced? Was death so obvious that bringing him on board would destroy evidence of foul play? This is unknown and making assumptions is a bit premature. As I said before, who is the expert on local protocol? It is protocol for floating dead divers to be left alone until officials arrive? We don't have enough information to be making bold statements one way or the other.

On the flip side, was the body in the water alive and only watching something below them? So many possibilities and not enough information to determine definitively what actually occured. I would expect that the boat captains did exactly as the officials demanded.

I understand there is a lot of missing information but there are a few things I'm curious about.

Why would there be three boats with ONLY captains on them in the first place? Is there a requirement for a third boat to be on site until the coast guard arrives?

This just sounds weird.

I understand there is a lot of missing information but there are a few things I'm curious about.

Why would there be three boats with ONLY captains on them in the first place? Is there a requirement for a third boat to be on site until the coast guard arrives?
I’d be surprised if it was 3 boats yet none of the captains gave the emergency recall. Even in Cozumel

I found my son dead on the bathroom floor. The lividity indicated that there would be no need to try and revive him. The medicos agreed with my decision.

None of us were there. I'm not going to second guess their decisions one way or the other. To whit, they've probably seen more diver deaths than most on this board. They are innocent until proven guilty.

One can try justifying various rules, protocol, or laws; disturbing is the lack of dignity or decency towards the deceased.

The laws in Mexico are different. As this is now in the A&I forum, please post as per this forum's rules. In other words, save your indignation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom