Cozumel Incident 9/4/11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is posted in Mishaps and Analysis thread..........

1- The divers were taking a video of their dive, do you know anything about that?
2- What were they doing prior to the dive? Has anyone informed you about it? I was told something but may be speculation.

end quote

Interesting thread. So far we have had some facts, some very shaky facts, some 1/2 facts, quite a bit of total speculations posing as facts, and more than a few errors posted as facts, and now we have innuendo, suggesting hidden secret facts.

gotta love our membership

Reactions: Jax
If true, a video (if it still exists), could be very illuminating.

This is posted in Mishaps and Analysis thread..........

1- The divers were taking a video of their dive, do you know anything about that?
2- What were they doing prior to the dive? Has anyone informed you about it? I was told something but may be speculation.

end quote

Interesting thread. So far we have had some facts, some very shaky facts, some 1/2 facts, quite a bit of total speculations posing as facts, and more than a few errors posted as facts, and now we have innuendo, suggesting hidden secret facts.

gotta love our membership

I agree. Sounds like there are a bunch of people posting on this thread that are people who hide behind their curtains spying on their neighbours and then gossip about what they imagine and not what is real. Or the posters with the great inside info from their 3rd cousins hairdresser who overheard someone that knows someone who was on the Island that weekend.Need to get a life of your own and stop worrying about other peoples business.

ps there is no video! My best friends sister dates the bartender at the bar on the dock that Scuba Mau uses. Take that to the bank!

ps there is no video! My best friends sister dates the bartender at the bar on the dock that Scuba Mau uses. Take that to the bank!

Sounds like a 3rd cousins hairdresser "fact."

Apparently sarcasm is lost on Ron

Very likely. Yet when that poster is the same one who posted the quote below, apparent friendship/loyalty issues tend to get in the way of determining actual events. One could say the same thought process led to the erroneous "down current" assertion by one of the three divers. That effort to suppress the truth may have harmed other dive shops/hotels etc when uninformed people reacted to the fear it caused.

Makes you wonder if "the rest of the story" is a reality, significant and forthcoming.

This thread really disturbs me!!!!!
You are all completely speculating about an incident that has left 3 people seriously hurt. They are hurt enough without people making up stories and creating hear say and rumours about what did or did not happen. While 2 of them are in very serious condition you guys are making up hurtful bs. Have some respect for two good people in need of support not hurtful speculation! This is a tragic situation so treat it as such. I am sure the facts will come out at an appropriate time in the proper perspective. Have some respect. If you do not know it to be factual then keep it to yourself. Shame.

Don - I hope you are ok; please let us all know asap!
Oh thanks, but I'm fine. My daughter had an overwhelming day with parent teacher meetings and kids needs so I went to Lubbock to play Assistant Soccer Mom. In addition to ferrying my granddaughter and our exchange student to various after school functions, I took my grandson to Urgent Care to make sure his growing bruise was no big deal. After wrecking two cars and being grounded, he wrecked a bicycle - falling on the handlebar! Kids. Eh, I was as bad in some ways.

Anyway, the Nurse Pract thought we should see a Trama doctor at ER and be sure there was no vein or artery damage. Better safe than sorry but that exam was the fastest I'd ever seen. Anyway, we're all ok and got almost all of the commitments covered. They'll work in the dentist and lawyer appointments later in the week.

This reply is a significant hijack, but the way this thread is going....? :idk:

Very likely. Yet when that poster is the same one who posted the quote below, apparent friendship/loyalty issues tend to get in the way of determining actual events. One could say the same thought process led to the erroneous "down current" assertion by one of the three divers. That effort to suppress the truth may have harmed other dive shops/hotels etc when uninformed people reacted to the fear it caused.

Makes you wonder if "the rest of the story" is a reality, significant and forthcoming.

I am sure that you will get to the bottom of this detective. Cannot wait for your fact based insight.

I don't think it make much difference if they had a video or not - nothing can make the judgment calls by these divers much worse and I am not sure what else a recording of events could tell us - I think we all know how dumb this dive and the subsequent actions were regardless of the finer details

Oh thanks, but I'm fine. My daughter had an overwhelming day with parent teacher meetings and kids needs so I went to Lubbock to play Assistant Soccer Mom. In addition to ferrying my granddaughter and our exchange student to various after school functions, I took my grandson to Urgent Care to make sure his growing bruise was no big deal. After wrecking two cars and being grounded, he wrecked a bicycle - falling on the handlebar! Kids. Eh, I was as bad in some ways.

Anyway, the Nurse Pract thought we should see a Trama doctor at ER and be sure there was no vein or artery damage. Better safe than sorry but that exam was the fastest I'd ever seen. Anyway, we're all ok and got almost all of the commitments covered. They'll work in the dentist and lawyer appointments later in the week.

This reply is a significant hijack, but the way this thread is going....? :idk:

Kids! Don't fall too far from the nest do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom