Cozumel/Little Cayman/Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you looked at Sothern Cross on Little Cayman? Condo Nash rated it in top ten most romantic places to go. It is what we love in a vacation....great diving...great food and no shopping ( ok that is my preference). I make it up to her with sex on the beach (the drink of course :) )

It is more expensive but it is a honeymoon! Sometimes you just need to create a once in a lifetime memory. Jmho

Taken from a purely divers' viewpoint, Little Cayman Beach Resort is the absolute best land based dive centre that I have seen. It is simple, quiet, comfortable, has large rooms and ergonomically superbly laid out. The Dive Centre is only 20 to 25 metres from the rooms and leads towards the boardwalk continuing as the pier where the dive boats are moored. In the quadrangle (open on the seaward side) area between the rooms is the swimming pool, lounging spaces and bar. On the other side is the restaurant. The buffet is very well stocked and the food great and plentiful. Above all, the diving around Little Cayman is fantastic.

LCBR is so much better than the oversized, pretentious, expensive and inconvenient "all inclusives" like those found in southern Cozumel.

I agree with Hintermann. Hard to beat LCBR at the price point.
Southern Cross is a little more posh but also higher priced. In my opinion, not worth the differential.

LCBR has recently redecorated rooms, great valet dive op good food and an OK pool area.
If you want to splurge, the oceanfront rooms are essentially right on the beach, have nice patios and are equipped with a fridge and microwave.
The standard rooms are lovely but do not have the view or private patio.

We have stayed at LCBR a number of times and like it better than any other place we have tried in the region including Coz, Roatan, Grand Cayman, the Brac, Utila, Bonaire, and Grand Turk. We like all of these places but just like LCBR better. From the time the plane lands to the time you get back aboard, you are catered to.
We keep going back as often as we can swing it.

I would not recommend a condo on LC as there are no real grocery stores and few restaurant options.
I think that LCBR will do a package with condo accommodation, meals at LCBR and meals but it makes more sense to me and is more economical just to stay in an oceanfront room at LCBR.

Man OP--I SURE HOPE you & the wiff made it to Little Cayman.......PLEASE don't EVER try to put CZM on the same level as LC......please.......

Back
Top Bottom