Cozumel Must Be Busy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you tried Cancun? Usually more flights and cheaper.

TheRedHead:
$1700 per ticket economy class. No wonder they have seats. :lol:
sorry keep forgetting I fly free.:lol:

jmps:
This flight situation must really be hurting Cozumel. There are only five divers signed up for the LDS trip I am taking because of the flight cost. This leaves Cozumel to the cruise passengers who don't have to cover airfare.

Yes, I am certain that is one reason this is a lower than normal low season. We used to have direct flights coming in from Chicago, Denver, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, La Guardia (or Newark) and Charlotte. The only direct flights I am aware of now are from Dallas, Atlanta and Houston...and not daily. Even Continental has cut back to three flights a week. Prior to Wilma, Continental had two daily flights from Houston, which was great because those making connections from other cities could come in on the afternoon flight. Hopefully after we get through this season, they will start regular flights again...we can pray anyway :)

I had no problems finding cheap flight from Vegas or Chicago in November-December. $288 rt from Vegas, $258 from Chicago on American. Also booked 21 days for 4 people for December at El Coz for $1880/pp including air.

It is September and the first part of October that is difficult. I did book on Continental by using miles to upgrade to 1st class.

I booked back in late July, using my Delta miles through Continental. I agree go through Cancun, more flights!

Help here...

Fly out of Dallas and you can get a good rate even if you have to get two tickets one to get to dallas and one out....

I got mine granted almost two months ago for 870 for 3 nights including hotel for two adults..

Call Debra at www.surfaceintervalscuba.com she has the weekend of September 30th - October 1st booked for air and hotel at Hotel Cozumel for $475 per person. Just need to get to DFW since the flights are leaving from there.

Christi:
Even Continental has cut back to three flights a week. Prior to Wilma, Continental had two daily flights from Houston, which was great because those making connections from other cities could come in on the afternoon flight.

FWIW, and as one who flies Continental from HOU to CZM every time I go because the charters won't book air only for more than a week, I know that the afternoon flight from HOU was not a daily thing, at least not year round. They used to run a second flight on some days; usually in May when I always go it was only once a week. I used to try to finagle my schedule to fly out on a day when there were two flights so I could get a few more hours on the island.

But I've never seen it be only three flights a week; that's terrible!

CO has also reduced their Cancun service until December. I've never had a problem getting non-stops from Newark to Cancun. I was trying to put together a Thurs-Tues in mid-Oct and could only get Cancun with return being a connecting flight at crappy times. It was about $500pp. When you add on hotel and diving and food, etc., it was more then I can afford right now. We're booked for 2 wks in December and I got those tickets for $276pp and upgraded with miles to first class!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom