Cozumel or Bahamas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AltOstland:
Having been to both Cozumel and the Bahamas, I'd have to recommend Cozumel anyday. The visiblity was much better in my experience, and EVERYTHING is cheaper, MUCH MUCH cheaper in Cozumel. Cozumel is by far my favorite spot.

The Bahamas covers hundreds of square kilometers of islands and virgin reefs.

The North to South change in latitude from Walkers Key down to Great Inagua is over 6 degrees, like 700 kilometers.

I spent a couple of weeks off Wreck Sound in Southern Eleuthera. I didn't see another human being for a week at a time. But I saw lots of grouper and reef shark, the wild kind, not the diver fed kind.

I just bought a house in Cozumel, it isn't a bad spot for sure.
The best thing about Coz is the daily flights. Is it cheaper?
Well, I haven't been to the Out islands lately. Coz isn't cheap.

To get to the outer islands in the Bahamas, you have to take a small plane from Nassau or Freeport. Most people don't bother. Get on a dive liveaboard or bareback charter and see the Bahamas.

Jerryg:
Ask me in 6 weeks.
I don't know, but I'm guessing that since the question was asked in August of 2002 that the decisions been made already :wink:...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom