Cozumel Plan for Critique

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd stay at the President for my honeymoon.

If you join the chain's (Intercontinental) "Ambassador Club" you get a free night and a free upgrade. The membership costs, but way less than one night. Sometimes you can get pretty good deals, especially off-season, through the Intercontinental website.

It's not cheap, but it sure is nice. Many advantages have already been listed by others.

If you want to go "high end", my first and only vote is for the El Presidente, for years Cozumel's only 5 star hotel, I think the new Cozumel Princess has that rating also, but is AI.

El Pres. is non-AI which is in my book a good deal, less chances of eating the same thing day in and day out and you have a better opportunity to visit San Miguel and going to some of great eating establishments in town.

The Pres. is also closer to town than either of the other 2 I believe, the OG for sure and is literally right next to the dive boat marina.

The Melia is pretty much out of the way for divers, being up on the north hotel zone and is a "family" resort of types, if you don't want to spend you honeymoon with a kids, maybe it would not be a good choice. The only advantage for you is that it is right across the street from the golf course.

I've stayed at the OG and it is VERY nice, beautiful grounds, 2 pool areas; one on the beach, the food was very good at both buffets and the reservation only restaurants, although that was 2-3 years ago and reports are that it has slipped a little. The room was huge with safe, stocked bar (sodas & cervezas), both shower and seperate tub which were handy for equipment rinsing.

The major advantage to the OG is it is only a 10 min. boat ride to the reef, some days we were wet within 10 min.!

The major disadvantage is it is very far south and nearly $20 for a one-way taxi ride to town, and you really should spend some time in town.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom