Cozumel Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luv2dive

Reaction score
We just returned from a wonderful seven day trip! The flights and customs went without a hitch. They never even opened our bags there or back. The weather was beautiful, sunny all day and rainy at night. We did 8 dives La Cieba, Columbia and La Francesa, Santa Rosa and El Cedral, Palacar Caves and Delihla and back to La Ceiba. Santa Rosa was my favorite. My husbands was Columbia. We rented a jeep and toured the other side of the island and recommend eveyone to do it ! Muy bonita! Friday we went deep sea fishing but the fish were not biting and the whole time I was wishing I was in the water. We did check out some of the other hotels. If you are planning on staying at Costa Club be advised the underground tunnel is not opened and the beach snack bar is under construction and looks like it will be awhile before that opens. La Ceiba is okay but the time share people are after you. We stayed at Iberostar and found it to be worth the money to upgrade and stay there. :)

We usually stay at LaCeiba but when I was there last September, the new owners were starting the time share remodeling construction and the hawkers were already starting. Those pests alone is enough to send us somewhere else but the cruise pod people are taking over the restaurant and beach areas, making it a true hassle to eat at the hotel. We'll be finding another home away from home. :(

You named all my favorite sites! All for different reasons but I think the swim throughs around La Francesca and Palancar caves are the best.

Welcome home!

Back
Top Bottom