Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a question of entropy and enthalpy. As long as you add energy to the system things can get "better."

First off....this isn't religion...if I wanted to talk religion I could...this is a scientific belief...everyone is entitled to their own opinion...plus, in a way, this is all related to diving anyway, cuz um...where do you dive? in the ocean...how did the ocean and the creatures in the ocean come about? hmm...that's what we are discussing... :)

anyway, so um...Thalassamania...what you're saying is that if I keep drinking energy drinks and stay in an open environment and keep myself energetic...I'll never die but instead turn into a super hero? awesome! :wink:

Personally, I believe that aliens seeded the Earth.

Hey-why not?

Lovin_sum_Bubbles:
First off....this isn't religion...if I wanted to talk religion I could...this is a scientific belief...everyone is entitled to their own opinion...plus, in a way, this is all related to diving anyway, cuz um...where do you dive? in the ocean...how did the ocean and the creatures in the ocean come about? hmm...that's what we are discussing... :)
No it's religion or voodo or whatever else you might want to call it, but it's not science. There's no such thing as "a scientific belief." In the world of science, everyone is not entitled to their own opinion, they are only entiled to defend their views to the best of their ability and the creationism argument was over so long ago that frankly most folks are bored by it.

Lovin_sum_Bubbles:
anyway, so um...Thalassamania...what you're saying is that if I keep drinking energy drinks and stay in an open environment and keep myself energetic...I'll never die but instead turn into a super hero? awesome! :wink:
No that's not what I said, but if you want to go right ahead, it'll keep you out of trouble.

Lovin_sum_Bubbles:
I find it amazing that people can talk about anything they want on these things but the minute "God" is brought up, everyone freaks out. It's sad. Just because people believe different things, such as Creationism or Evolution, doesn't mean that you have to get all upset. We can all be civil about this and and be grown ups and I don't know, share our different opinions...since this is what this site is about...Non Diving Related Stuff....

Now, I too believe in Creationism. Because I believe it, it's obviously a faith...people who believe in Evolution...that's their faith...cuz, belief=faith...

In response to the whole world being older than 7,000 years...um, really, think about it. How can the earth be billions of years old. Isn't it a fact that things get worse over years? It doesn't take many years for a house left unattended to get run down, or a car left in a garage and unattended to get rusty and old...this is what doesn't make sense to me in evolution...apparently evolutionist believe that everything evolved into something better...well, if that's so..how come things don't keep evolving into something better? From what I can see, the world is getting worse...and even people...with age, get more problems..if evolution was true, with more age we would be more physically fit, healthier etc... there...I have spoken...

It's not that some people "freak out" when God is brought into the conversation, it is the assumption the earth is 7,000 years old.

Yes, I did get you before you had a chance to edit... This is a pretty simplistic outlook on however we got here...

What science is this belief based on? Are you really serous with this?

noodles.....

Creationism is not old... and there is plenty of scientific facts to back it up.. there are plenty of scientist who believe in creation...they had to study all the same stuff as everyone else...evolution is not a scientific fact..it's a theory...no one was there the day that everything happened...so you can't say it's a proven fact...evolution came from a man...Darwin...who is said to have denied it all on his death bed...whether that's true or not, I don't know...but still...when I see all of creation and see how intricate and beautiful it is...how could someone NOT have created it. There is obviously a Higher Intelligence that created it all...not some glob of crap... if i threw a glob of goo on the ground..believe, in a billion years, it would still be a glob of goo...maybe a little harder and moldier...but goo none the less...

i believe that there is no supernatural being that created the universe, earth, and life on earth. i believe that because i have seen absolutely zero evidence of his/her existence that could not be explained through rational, scientific means.
however, i can not say for certain that there is no supernatural being. i am pretty sure there isn't one, based on available evidence. but there might be one.

as to evolution, i think it is a wonderful theory to understand how life started and developed here on Earth (and perhaps other planets). i am sure there will be changes to it as we find out more.

the big question for me is "what happened before the Big Bang?"

we know pretty much what happened after the first microsecond of the Big Bang, but we have no way of knowing what happened before.

in fact, i don't think we'll ever know that. it is outside what is observable and quantifiable. are we the only universe out there? are we one of billions? what is
outside the universe?

i think we need to be humble as to how much we don't know and may never know using science.

but it's the best tool we have, so ...

Lovin_sum_Bubbles:
Creationism is not old... and there is plenty of scientific facts to back it up.. there are plenty of scientist who believe in creation...they had to study all the same stuff as everyone else...evolution is not a scientific fact..it's a theory...no one was there the day that everything happened...so you can't say it's a proven fact...evolution came from a man...Darwin...who is said to have denied it all on his death bed...whether that's true or not, I don't know...but still...when I see all of creation and see how intricate and beautiful it is...how could someone NOT have created it. There is obviously a Higher Intelligence that created it all...not some glob of crap... if i threw a glob of goo on the ground..believe, in a billion years, it would still be a glob of goo...maybe a little harder and moldier...but goo none the less...

Believing in Evolution does not preclude one from believing in a higher power who created all that we see and can know, if I may be so vague...

Evolution speaks to the changes in types of life through time, changes in gene frequency or greater occurence of certain traits in a population is evolution....

I don't know how anyone can debate this, if you studied population genetics or took note of changes in population over time it would be obvious.

The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster must be a frivolous faith as it acknowledges no otter.

See the light dear friends, and verily I say unto thee...

"Hello friend COQO!"

http://triggur.org/coqo/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom