Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometime I have to cut and paste the image, sometimes I have to go to image properties and get the URL and paste that into the insert image query. I don't really understand it either.<G>

i believe in some higher power, and Karma. If you look at most religions, they preach karma. i was raised a catholic, but i really dont like (read absolutely hate) organised religion, purely because of all the problems it causes.

Until the scientific community can explain the big bang, I personally think that there was some force (whose is not omnipotent and omniscent) that lead to the big bang, but then simply let things unfold.

but for those who belive in god...if god created us in him image, why do we have the power to kill another. why do we have the power to bring harm to others, to feel anger, and hold grudges etc etc. if we were truly built in "gods" image, why arent we all, and i mean all.. wearing white robes and singing hyms?

another thing...did god create those who do not belive in it? for those who indoctrined there own belief system, eg the chinese, if they were created by god, why dont they worship him...or are they just to ignorant and petty to realise that god really does exist...are they all going to hell?

And there is evidence to suggest that the earth is around 4 billion years old. The oldest rocks ever found on earth are 3.7 billion years old. they use radio dating of the breakdown of potassium (K40) to argon (Ar40). this K-Ar clock allows a calculation to be made by how much of the potassium has been converted to Ar.

anyway. what it all boils down to is...some "higher power" gave us a little kickstart, whether this higher power was infact the singularity from which the big bang occured, noone knows. After that life eventually formed and then here we are.

if the earth was 6-7000 years old...how come were finding 60 million year old and even 150 million year old fossils....or is there a big conspiricy out there that the scientists are telling us about. pfft.

I agree with the immdiately previous post. Money, religion and polotics really have no place here, or anywhere, and they should certianly never be dicussed together,,,all this secular state nonsense.

i dont even konw why i wasted my time wrtiing this...probably because im bored.

:popcorn:

beejw:
i believe in some higher power, and Karma. If you look at most religions, they preach karma. i was raised a catholic, but i really dont like (read absolutely hate) organised religion, purely because of all the problems it causes.

Until the scientific community can explain the big bang, I personally think that there was some force (whose is not omnipotent and omniscent) that lead to the big bang, but then simply let things unfold.

but for those who belive in god...if god created us in him image, why do we have the power to kill another. why do we have the power to bring harm to others, to feel anger, and hold grudges etc etc. if we were truly built in "gods" image, why arent we all, and i mean all.. wearing white robes and singing hyms?

another thing...did god create those who do not belive in it? for those who indoctrined there own belief system, eg the chinese, if they were created by god, why dont they worship him...or are they just to ignorant and petty to realise that god really does exist...are they all going to hell?

And there is evidence to suggest that the earth is around 4 billion years old. The oldest rocks ever found on earth are 3.7 billion years old. they use radio dating of the breakdown of potassium (K40) to argon (Ar40). this K-Ar clock allows a calculation to be made by how much of the potassium has been converted to Ar.

anyway. what it all boils down to is...some "higher power" gave us a little kickstart, whether this higher power was infact the singularity from which the big bang occured, noone knows. After that life eventually formed and then here we are.

if the earth was 6-7000 years old...how come were finding 60 million year old and even 150 million year old fossils....or is there a big conspiricy out there that the scientists are telling us about. pfft.

I agree with the immdiately previous post. Money, religion and polotics really have no place here, or anywhere, and they should certianly never be dicussed together,,,all this secular state nonsense.

i dont even konw why i wasted my time wrtiing this...probably because im bored.

:popcorn:

Apparently you prefer highly disorganized and cafeteria style style religion.

Nor do I know why you wasted your time.

Happy Christmas.

You were Catholic my arrs!
From what I read you were skipping out on Chatacism class in the first grade and got
expelled and went to a public school and never looked back. This is remenicent of some Catholic Americans such as John Kerry or Ted Tennedy. They are simply nominal Catholics: Cathoic in name only. The work Catholic means Universal. Truth is universal.
It was a Catholic Monk, Greger Mendel, who is the father of mondern Genetics. Many illustrious Catholics of deap faith contributed to science. Luis Pasure said the rosary each day of his life. My friend, Fr Ron a PHD in Geology works with Jet Propulsion Lab in Pasadena. After Mass we discuss the potential Mars mission. T Chardan the Jesuit priest discovered some ancient human fosils somewhere in China. I hated the fact that my religion teacher at Notre Dame High made me read one of his books and he punched me in the chest when he caught me reading a novel in his class. As far as your common "I don't like organized religion" I get exasperated. What do you like, DISORGANIZED RELIGION? What it comes down to is that most peple are intelectualy lazy with regard to religion. This is why they generaly shy away from discussing it, not because, as they say, to avoid conflict but rather to avoid exposing themseves for the mental midgits that they are, in the field of religion, that is.
Thomas Carliel was incorect when he coined the phrase that people shouldn't discuss
Religion or Poitics. He gave an entire generation of a plausible way out on their way to the sports bar. Well pretty soon the chickens will come home to roost when more and more people find themselves in orange jump suits getting ready to be
a human sacrifice for someone named Ahlla or some such person. Its good that the gallows doth concentrate the mind.

Happy yuletime all.

ugh... while 'suvival of the fittest' is a rather brutal reality, the industrial revolution has made it a little too easy for the unfit to survive. Now science has to compete for space in our school books with crackpot superstitions, and our nation's leader 'believes' the earth is 6,000 years old... that's progress folks.

proud to be an american (pukes)

jc60625:
ugh... while 'suvival of the fittest' is a rather brutal reality, the industrial revolution has made it a little too easy for the unfit to survive. Now science has to compete for space in our school books with crackpot superstitions, and our nation's leader 'believes' the earth is 6,000 years old... that's progress folks.

Amen to that. Peace be with you.

Merry Festivous!

jc60625:
ugh... while 'suvival of the fittest' is a rather brutal reality, the industrial revolution has made it a little too easy for the unfit to survive. that's progress folks.

I hear this from people.....usually ones who don't have children yet. Wait until your wife has problems in child birth or your 4 year old gets meningitis....you'll thank God that it has become easier to survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom