Cressi Master T10 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2kg by its self isn't a while lot but on top of more it can be. Assuming cold water and thick insulation, I think a SS plate would be a far better option

Is that such a big deal to carry extra 2kg on the weight belt?

it's not, but the purpose of the SS backplates is to help minimize the need for lead on a belt. In New England, depending on what you're diving, that can be well over 20lbs of lead and every little bit helps at that point. Personally if you are doing single tank in either the Pacific Northwest, or New England I think you're a fool for not getting a steel backplate, and preferably the DSS one with the weight plates. Put the bulk weight on the rig where it isn't going to move around and distribute the rest however you see fit. The weight pockets are even worse than a belt because they make the whole rig try to fall forward and make it especially awkward to try to swap tanks because of it

Is that such a big deal to carry extra 2kg on the weight belt?
one of the reasons I was looking at Aqualung PRO HD is because it has integrated weight pockets, I guess I need to rethink this

one of the reasons I was looking at Aqualung PRO HD is because it has integrated weight pockets, I guess I need to rethink this

The AL Pro HD is an EXCELLENT choice especially for diving in the NE.

Reactions: ak1
it's not, but the purpose of the SS backplates is to help minimize the need for lead on a belt. In New England, depending on what you're diving, that can be well over 20lbs of lead and every little bit helps at that point. Personally if you are doing single tank in either the Pacific Northwest, or New England I think you're a fool for not getting a steel backplate, and preferably the DSS one with the weight plates. Put the bulk weight on the rig where it isn't going to move around and distribute the rest however you see fit. The weight pockets are even worse than a belt because they make the whole rig try to fall forward and make it especially awkward to try to swap tanks because of it
I have seen plenty of divers in Scapa Flow diving with BC + weight belt + dry suit in 6-8C. And I certainly won't call anyone of them a fool!!! Because that won't be cricket!

As both a Cressi and Aqua Lung dealer I have had Cressi regs in rental and pool use for 8 years now and they have held up well. We do check our regs after each use. Aqua Lung QD simply means you can disconnect the 2nd stage from the hose with no tools needed, not necessary and makes it non standard which can be a pain if it fails and another qd hose is not available. More of an issue is do you plan to travel. Aqua Lung being a larger company has a larger presence globally so if you move or are on a trip getting service is less of an issue. Talk to your shop or call me, I'm in NY.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom