Cruise stop in Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am going on the same cruise in a different month and was able to find this shore excursion:

I saw that on the Carnival website, but it is not available for our specific cruise. I got in contact with seasports as reccomended and have a trip booked with them. Your taking the Legend out of Tampa? I'll let you know how it is.

I took Carnival Cruise lines The Valor out of Miami to Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel with dives in every port back in Feb 2008. Now the ship was anchored off shore and we had the dive shop picked us up at the boat which was anchored off shore. Then took us to their shop and then out to the dive site. Two great dives. I would hate to miss the diving in Belize. The dive shop should be able to book independly with you, but if they do you have to take the tender to shore and then the dive shop can pick up up. The time in the port is rather tight and you would loose valuable time going to shore first. Good luck.

I cruised on the legend the second week of Feb. Great ship, great destinations. I only dove Roatan, which was amazing! Just as a heads up, it can take a long time to get off in Belize. As previously mentioned, Belize gov't would only let the ship use one loading area.( they usually use both sides of the boat, allowing two tenders at a time) We had an excursion book, and were late for the pick up, even though we were in line to depart early. We enjoyed the ship so much, were booking the same trip next year. Let us know if you do dive there how it was, maybe we'll try it next year!

My wife and I did the same cruise with Carnival and it wasn't until a few weeks prior to the departure date they listed the "dive" in Belize - Hugh Parkeys. The diving was okay, vis about 60 feet tops, the dive guides seemed to concentrate more on spearing Lionfish than showing off their reefs.
It may be Carnival needs to know people are interested in order to book the charter. We called our sales person almost every week starting two months out out for the dive info.

By the way, after diving all the stops - ROATAN, Anthonys Key - is taking our next vacation $$$!
(May 2012)

GOOD LUCK

I cruised on the legend the second week of Feb

Thanks for the info on the ship, Looking forward to it even more, Sometimes you don't know what your in for when its one of the smaller ships out of different port.

My wife and I did the same cruise with Carnival and it wasn't until a few weeks prior to the departure date they listed the "dive" in Belize - Hugh Parkeys

Already booked with Sea Sports, So hopefully that goes well.

I plan on using Sea Sports when I go on Carnival Liberty in November. Check out their web site. Carnival tenders into the port so check your arrival and departure times. Let us know how you make out.

I'm cruising Norwegian to Roatan this tuesday, I havent decided between Roatan cruise excursions and Subway watersports.. Has anyone tried either?

TommyG74,

Let us know how SeaSports worked out for you. We'll be in Belize via Carnival Conquest and are wanting to dive there.

Thanks

I send a lot of Belize Cruise ship divers over to Linda and Johnny at Seasports Belize and always get back EXCELLENT reports. They only take 8 divers so you have to book ahead and its nice not to have to dive with the crowded cruise ship boats although they are an excellent dive op also I just prefer smaller dive groups.

You can contact Linda @ Sea Sports Belize you can also check out my Cruise Ship Belize video over at my website which will give you a little insight to how it works.

Gaz Cooper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom