Crystal Divers vs. Taveuni

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DocVikingo once bubbled...
He's been complaining about any & all tourism development, including Crystal Divers.

"We thought Fred was a harmless, pathetic old man, as was evidenced by lodging 290 complaints! _We don’t think credibility should be given to Fred's imagined maltreatment. He's been contacting the media here in Fiji for a while in his attempt to gain recognition. _We don't think he's a threat to anyone visiting the island, and want to reassure you and your readers that everyone is welcome to Fiji and that we will do what's necessary to ensure their visit isn't interrupted by one individual who has made it his mission in life to discourage tourism to Fiji."

Have fun in August.

DocVikingo

Dan mentioned him while I was there last year. I'll probably hear more in August.

You'll aso hear about Bamboo Beach Resort, the new 5* resort that the Marlin Bay people have planned. Work has already started. Apparently they’ll be diving the fringing reefs, and Crystal Divers will service their divers out to the better sites in Vatu-I-Ra Passage.

No doubt Mr. Wehrenberg is well lathered up over this.

You heard it here.

DocVikingo

We're booked for seven days/six diving with Crystal and six days/four diving at Maravu on Taveuni. Thanks for all the advice and other help.

DocVikingo once bubbled...
You'll aso hear about Bamboo Beach Resort, the new 5* resort that the Marlin Bay people have planned. Work has already started. Apparently they’ll be diving the fringing reefs, and Crystal Divers will service their divers out to the better sites in Vatu-I-Ra Passage.

No doubt Mr. Wehrenberg is well lathered up over this.

You heard it here.

DocVikingo

I did hear quite a bit about Bamboo Beach while in Fiji, but everything was not finalized as of last Thursday. BB appears to be offering quite a package - about $2K for a week including air from LAX.

If I understood correctly, Mr. W is leaving the island.

Incidentally, Reuben Cahn and his family cut their stay at Taveuni short and returned to the Bligh Water.

Don

We did cut short our stay on Taveuni to return to Crystal Divers. While the diving on Taveuni wasn't bad, it didn't begin to compare to that in the Bligh Waters. I'm going to post a trip report at some point, but I've been swamped since I returned home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom