Crystal / Rainbow River ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have been thinking about using DPVs in Rainbow River. Scooter up river than drift back down to the park.

We have been thinking about using DPVs in Rainbow River. Scooter up river than drift back down to the park.
I just mentioned this to someone a few days ago. I'd really like to do this. I'm a biologist, I'd be happy to do wildlife/plant ID along the way.

Wow.. there's an idea.

That was the first DPV dive I did to test out my Blacktip and it was pretty fun. We scootered from KP Hole up to that flat sandy patch past the campground where OW classes are conducted, did some diving around there for about an hour and scootered back.

Just don't try to use the snorkeling-style dive flags with the lead ball at the bottom and a cylindrical foam float in the middle. I think ours spent 3/4 of the trip underwater while attempting to tow it - the inflatable ones freedivers use tow much better. :)

Hey does anyone know a dive shop in the Crystal River area that can fill tanks in a trailer (instead of pulling them all out).

I know of Extreme Exposure, but that's too far north.. and they'll be closed by the time we pass through there tonight.

Just left the Georgia Aquarium a few hours ago... on our way south.

Oh man, I did do Amigos and it was awesome!!! I met the owner (sorry I can't remember his name) and he was great. I pretty much had things under control when he came but his air bank were starting to run low and he turned the compressor on. Took no time at all to fill 13 tanks. $6/tank and fill whenever you want. Very reasonable.

We dove Ginnie yesterday which was actually nicer then I thought it would be. It's "cold" here in FL🙄🤣... or at least that's what the locals are saying. We had the whole place to ourselves. It was nice, but I wouldn't want to be there with a ton of other people.

It's "cold" here in FL🙄🤣... or at least that's what the locals are saying.
If us Florida divers are Wearing Socks,,,,,,,,It's COLD !!!

Your family is having an Epic Vacation Trip. It was great to meet up with you Rob !!
Rob_MWPropane_onSB.jpg

Oh man, I did do Amigos and it was awesome!!!
That’s fantastic, I’m so glad you went - Amigos is an experience!! I love taking folks there for fills.

We just missed you, we were at Ginnie on Tues (and yes by Florida standards it was COLD!!!). Keep us posted on your trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom