Cuan Law?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just returned from a week on the Cuan Law, May 16-22, and let me tell you it was fantastic.

I am working on a detailed trip report but suffice it to say at this time, the accommodations were great (shower took a little getting used to), the food was unbelievably good (and this was the "relief" chef, since the regular chef was off due to a family emergency) and the staff was fantastic (even though they were short 2 members).

Diving was not the greatest, but that was do to weather/currents.

Yes, the diving from the dingies did leave something to be desired when all 20 wanted to dive, but you could always drop off the back of the boat and they always anchored near a nice reef.

My wife loved it so much (and she was very hesitant/reluctant about doing the trip) that she is already asking when we can do it again.

Attachments

• PICT0123.jpg
    PICT0123.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 62
Is the diving out of skiffs? I was looking @ the website and it was not clear. How often do the end up canclling the trip if the boat is not full enough. (the thread about this was a bit disconcerting). It looks like a really nice boat. How does it compare to Aggressor or Peter Hughs?

Most diving, but not all, is done from the inflatable zodiacs. They run the boats up in between two of the pontoons and essentially wedge it into place. Large easy to negotiate ladder leads from main deck right down to the skiff. Was not a problem for us at all.

I don't know how often they cancel a trip due to there being too few people but was told a few years ago they need a minimum of 8 to go. Not sure what their policy is now but I'm sure they would tell you.

I believe they still need 8 before they will do a trip.

Getting up and down the ladders to the zodiacs is easy - only problems is if they are full the riding position is not comfortable and with everyone doing a backroll entry, it gets a little crowded.

Underwater ladders to get back on the Cuan Law were great- fishbone at the bottom two steps, making it easy to take fins off and then wide wooden rungs all the way to the top.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom