Cupcakes at 70ft....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm-now Has anyone yet tried taking a bucket down so you can eat this stuff in the dry?

Did you feel/hear it and surface? Or did it stay with you for the rest of the dive? Did it make it through okay?

Did you feel/hear it and surface? Or did it stay with you for the rest of the dive? Did it make it through okay?

I did not realize it was in the breast pocket of my undergarments until the beginning if the dive when I heard a beeping noise letting me know I lost reception, at that point there wasn't much I could do except make sure to put air in so as not to crush it. On the way back up I started getting a phone call, which was surprising to say there least. Phone made it fine though. Hopefully 30 feet doesn't county as roaming... :rolleyes:

Too funny. I had a Diet Pepsi at depth once. I thought I was going to explode on surfacing. Very unpleasant to have that initial off-gassing of the CO2 in your tummy on ascent.

OMG...:rofl3::rofl3:

What a great thread!! I'm a foodie at heart but never thought to experiment with it underwater!!

Great ideas! I will have to add food to my underwater life. :D

Maybe I should pack some goldfish in a baggie for my next dive. Lol.

And I thought keeping them in a glass bowl was cruel.

Ok, I have been diving for a few years (2003) but don't think I have tried to drink anything much less eat. Not to sound stupid but how do you get food in your mouth to chew? Never tried to eat and hold my breath. Hear to you!! Keep it up.

Jeff

Hmm-now Has anyone yet tried taking a bucket down so you can eat this stuff in the dry?
Things taste different at depth and in different atmospheres. On of the guys in a habitat at 160 with heliox would only eat microwave fried chicken dinners. He hated them topside.

Last edited:
I like the idea of marinating a steak, keep it cool and ready to grill upon exiting the water,also cell phones can receive calls and ring inside a dry suit at around 5 feet, not that i intended to test that one.:shakehead:

... glad to see I'm not the only one who did this experiment ... surprised the heck outta me that it would even get a signal below the surface ... :idk:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom