Curacao - 2008-03-02

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed Hatfield

Contributor
Reaction score
Ontario , Canada & Playa del Carmen, Mexico
# of dives
500 - 999
I am heading to Curacao on the 2nd of March and staying at the Breezes. The dive club I belong to, SWODA, is staying at the Habitat. I am with non-diving friends and family so I will have to get to Habitat at least twice to dive with my club buddies. I have contacted Habitat and they allow non-guests to 'pay as you go' for shore diving. I need to know the best way to get from Breezes to Habitat (bus? car rental? taxi?) and about how long it takes.

Hi Ed,
Public transport is not very advanced on Curacao (to say the least) so I would not recommend it unless you are looking for an adventure. A taxi would be feasible but the fair just to get to Habitat from the Breezes is the same as you would pay for one day of car rental so it's not the most economically sound option.
I would recommend hiring a car. Not only is it cheaper on those days that you need to go to Habitat but you'll also need it if you/your family wants to see more of the island than just the resort. Have fun!

It takes about 30 - 40 minutes from Breezes to Habitat depending on traffic.

If you intend to use public transit from Breezes into town you should be ok, anything else is indeed an adventure but then again thats what vacations are all about.:D

Don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom