Surface Marker in Curacao required?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Bus guide occasionally did at a few sites.... I did carry a DSMB, and sent it up in one particularly busy site (Playa Piskado). Did have a fishing boat cruise over us as we were heading in and they were too...

We have: on the first visit we were given one by GoWest, were told "it's the law", and I dutifully towed it. Next visit a couple of years later, also at GoWest, they looked at me funny when I asked about it, and we have never used one since.
Things change over there. In 2002, nobody gave a damn how we were diving, they were happy to have any divers there. In fact, we were the only tourists there except for a French couple who spent most of their time spraying away the bugs from their room By 2017 they became so popular the place was packed and Andreas told me they do not allow solo diving. He had a stack of spare rear left windows for the pick up trucks they rented out and replaced ours with ease. The next day another truck was broken into and again this was the rear left. How did he know the thieves always break the rear left?!

When was the last time you stayed out in Westpunt?

No. You leave your valuables back at Dive Bus HQ. Safe and sound....
I'm starting to pack for my trip this Saturday and I'm scratching my head on this--so I wouldn't be able to take my phone with me? My plan was to drive myself so just curious about basic things like how to navigate while driving around.

Save-a-dive kit in case I have an equipment issue between dives or even a water bottle to stay hydrated? Should I just plan on only taking what's going under water with me? And get a dry container for car keys?

I'm starting to pack for my trip this Saturday and I'm scratching my head on this--so I wouldn't be able to take my phone with me? My plan was to drive myself so just curious about basic things like how to navigate while driving around.

Save-a-dive kit in case I have an equipment issue between dives or even a water bottle to stay hydrated? Should I just plan on only taking what's going under water with me? And get a dry container for car keys?

@lexvil can likely provide some input here as he does the independent diving option...

Pick up a refurbished Moto-G or something, put your sim in it and treat it as disposable. Stuff it up under the seat while diving.

Driving around can be difficult because of the street names being in Dutch (for me anyway) but it not hard to find most of the dive sites. So far the only issue I had with theft was at night behind a locked gate, sunglasses and a pair of my buddy’s flip flops.

one a trip a few years ago another diver brought their phone and just hid it, they are pretty easy to hide and no one is likely to do a detailed search of the truck or car so the worry is small. Maybe bring an old phone with an actual SIM card and buy a local sim for navigating, whatever you do the diving is worth it and the dive bus crew will help with directions once you get past the weird accents :wink:

For your keys, . For your drivers license, credit card and some cash, .

Have fun!

Erik

Did those links show up, cause I can’t see them. I’m just seeing the Amazon logo.

Back
Top Bottom