Curaçao 2014 Dive Compilation with Hero 3+ and Polar Pro Switchblade 3!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bordiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi guys!

I've edited a video from me and my girlfriend dives in Curaçao in May. I used the Hero 3+ Black 1060p 60FPS no protune settings all the time, The LCD bacpac (with my nonexistant filming experience, I couldn't possibly think of not using it ever), the Polar Pro SwitchBlade 3 red filter/macro combo, almost aways (except for the night-dive), and a chinese extendable pole (which is great and cheap, btw). It's my first EVER filmed footage of any type, over or underwater, and my first EVER video edition of any kind. I used GoPro Studio for edition only, and although buggy, I was really easy and fun to learn....

If anyone is curious, I used my DIY PVC setup for my dual chinese LM4000 modified (reflectors removed) led torches from Ebay for the solely night dive we did.

My night dive experience is ... limited.... filming or shooting at night was non-existant. I had to keep an eye all the time on my girlfriend (her first night dive, she was afraid), so I couldn't focus on filming a lot... But apart from that, the dual light is great, great! Zero focus point, really even strong spread lights, even with only one light turned on. It looked like day sometimes, when closer to the subjects. If I did other dives, I could adjust better the lights angle, or use a pvc setup with wider arms, because backscatter was a problem, even more because I was not filming still, I was moving...

The problem was battery life. My batteries didn't arrive from China so far (more than 3 months already...), so I used some I scavanged around, and one light didn't last more than 30 minutes at full power (it appears on the video on the left light when it starts to flicker). I had to reduce power and only increase when something interesting appeared...This way they lasted till the end of the dive. Maybe with better batteries, It could last a 50 minutes dive at full power always on...

Ah, no floods of any kind, in any of them , until 20 meters, where I tested them!

Any comments and suggestions are well accepted! Thanks for all the advices I got from you guys! Thanks for watching. The music at least is worthwhile, and youtube will put ads in the beginning and may bot be viewable in mobiles, because the music is copyrighted… Watch in HD and Full Screen!! There's a couple of interesting moments through the video.... eheheh

<strong>[video=youtube_share;u5qhJLQYAY4]http://youtu.be/u5qhJLQYAY4[/video]

Nice job! How much did you use the macro filter? I have a switchblade but haven't been able to get it wet yet.

Nice job! How much did you use the macro filter? I have a switchblade but haven't been able to get it wet yet.

Thanks! This filter is easy to change between with or without macro, so I used it everytime I wanted to get closer to subjects... it's an easy thing, you just move it in front of the lens...pretty easy and fast to get closer shots, you don't miss the moment, as all you have to do is a swing on the close-up lens... What happened sometimes is that I forgot to turn the macro away when started filming wide, and only later realized that the focus in the distance was blurry...or the opposite... I got too close and forgot to move the macro to the front... You have to pay attention to that....

Be careful though... the filters are all glass and I manage, don't know how, to crack the red filter on the left before my first dive!!!A big crack! But it remained the same way till the end of all dives.. So in my footage, depending if I'm filming facing the sun or not, you notice the ... crack in the image on the left.... but for most of all, it was unnoticeable.

PolarPro is sending me another one at no cost!

Great video!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom