Curacao Beer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jd950

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I was wondering if someone cold give me some information on good beer on Curacao. I am not really a big beer drinker, but I limit my consumption of liquor on dive trips and also, on a hot afternoon or evening a cold beer can be nice, especially with lunch if no afternoon dive is on tap (pun intended).

I tend to prefer medium to darker beers, such as Cerveza Leon in Mexico, and sometimes Negra Modelo. I like San Miguel dark beer but I doubt thet it can be found on Curacao, and of course a lot of USA and european beers with flavor and body. I also enjoy a good beer with some flavor

So, if any, what should I be looking for in about 6 weeks when I am on Curacao again? Oh, and if there are only lighter beers available, what do you suggest?

I guess I should add that I often hear about Amstel Bright, but have never tried it. Is it good?

Mostly Amstel products....Polar is an option also. I am not a beer drinker at home, but for some reason ...there are great after a dive. Plus they come in cute little cans so they stay cold so you can finish them...Ahhhhh Curacao have TONS of fun there and if you need info please pm me!!!

Amstel Bright, Aaaahhh. Sorry it is my favourite drink out there.

Hmmm, I just realized that I didn't post this on the ABC Islands forum as I meant to. Perhaps someone will move it for me.

mmmm Polar - we call it "venezuelan champagne"!

The fridge is calling...!

C.

Haven't run into any beers that run toward the dark side there.
Amstel, Heineken, Polar... all pretty much lightweights. Nothing that compares to Leon - one of my fave Mex beers...

you can get dark beers in some of the supermarkets but they don't come cheap...!

Amstel....as I set here with one at hand and my bags packed for Bonaire......life is good!!

Herman...Take me with you!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhh... Me, too.

Back
Top Bottom