Curacao Sept 6th 2011 - Sept 16th Need apartment for 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captboob

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello there.
I have booked a trip for my wife and myself for the date in the subject. We would prefer the west end area From Westpunt to say Santa Cruz or further east if necessary. We have our plane ride and just need a decent apartment, maybe car rental and nitrox for the duration. We have been there a few times and know the area. Any and all comments are appreciated. We are EXTREMELY FRUGAL...:D

Have you checked out ..:: All West Apartments & Diving, Curacao, Netherlands Antilles ::.. All facilities for shore diving on site; packages include apartment, rental car, and diving (operated by ..:: Ocean Encounters West Curacao ::.., Nitrox available; boat dives to Watamula and Rediho add to a wonderful dive vacation!).

Have fun planning your trip!

Greetings from Germany

Andreas

Aren't you in Germany now?! :wink:

Captboob- I would recommend All West as well, should be a good fit. Ocean Encounter's West is a great dive OP and can set you up with tanks and/or boat and shore dives. I would say visit Sol Food restaurant but I think Sunshine and David may still be on vacation then!

Have you checked out ..:: All West Apartments & Diving, Curacao, Netherlands Antilles ::.. All facilities for shore diving on site; packages include apartment, rental car, and diving (operated by ..:: Ocean Encounters West Curacao ::.., Nitrox available; boat dives to Watamula and Rediho add to a wonderful dive vacation!).

Have fun planning your trip!

Greetings from Germany

Andreas

I second the All West suggestion... my wife and I are booked for October 15-22 and from my experience, their prices are great and their level of service even better.

Have a great time!

jim

All West had not had vacancy for the entire stay..We are using "Rancho el Sobrino" which is in Westpunt as well.
Normally we arrive for the coral spawn (3 days after September's full moon) but I'd rather have better visibility without all the suspended matter in the water column. Seen 4 spawns you've seen them all. Thanks for all the replies. Now if I could only get a better air/nitrox price out of ocean encounters. At 52, I must be old and cheap. I just remember the 100 a week for unlimited nitrox from that air station built out of an overseas shipping container halfway between the city and Santa Cruz. I think it was just called "Air Fill Station". Does anyone remember that? Does ocean encounters have any competition anywhere at all? I hate their staircase climb to the parking lot. I think they do have an elevator but I feel rather silly asking to use it.
So much for planning..I'm almost ready for this much needed dive trip. :crafty:

The nearest tanks not at OEW would be the two shops at Lagun. After that you'd have to drive to the airfill station, porto marie or cas abou. I don't know what any of their unlimited prices are. OEW is certainly the closest to Rancho.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I'll google it some more but if you find more information please share.

Back
Top Bottom