Custom suit shop in San Diego/SoCal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

N2Baja

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello Everyone,

Can someone suggest a place in San Diego (or Orange County) where I can get a custom wetsuit?

I've been a 'once-or-twice-a-year-vacation-in-warm-water diver' for too long and I want to start diving locally. I'm a large woman (5'10" size 16+) and can't find any off the rack suits that fit properly. I've been searching through all the message boards and reading about the various companies (JMJ, Aquaflite, Liquidfit, etc.) but I'm leary about ordering a suit on-line or over the phone. I want to go into a shop, talk to them, look at and feel the material, and have them take the measurements.

I've heard good things about Surf and Sea in OB, are there other similar shops I can go to?

Thanks for any advice!

It's a bit further than your geographical spec, but JMJ Wetsuits have a great reputation for the impossible. I've heard they supply most of the custom wetsuits to Hollywood, also.

Here's another review of their suits.

All the best, James

Surf N Sea makes a good suit. They have been doing it for at least 30 years

LDS may be able to provide custom fit service also. Ocean Enterprises on Balboa Ave offers this. Not sure who actually does the fitting (might be Surf N Sea).
EER

My favorite wetsuit was an M&B custom suit made in Long Beach. JMJ is also quite good based on the comments of my friends who own one.

I too was very leary about ordering a wetsuit on line. I contacted several companies and finally decided to go with Liquid Fit. They were very willing to send me some swatches so that I could see and feel the material. I was very excited because I was able to chose colors that are not nomrally seen by other wetsuit companies. My first suit was made with mauve and amethyst. If I do say so myself, it is quite yummy!!!!! On a really good day, I am a size 14 with more than ample breast. They had me do very precise measuring of my breast. I've never had even a bra fit as well as my suit. Good luck on finding the suit that is perfect for you. Call Liquid Fit. I think that you will be very impressed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom