Cutting Tools

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shears in the pocket, knife on the right shoulder and a benchmade 7 safety cutter on the Petrel. The BM cuts line like a hot knife thru butter.

Benchmade_7.jpg

Shears in the pocket, knife on the right shoulder and a benchmade 7 safety cutter on the Petrel. The BM cuts line like a hot knife thru butter.

View attachment 165051

Does the sheath fit horizontally or vertically or both on shoulder harness? Cheers.

---------- Post added September 10th, 2013 at 10:14 AM ----------

Just watched a YouTube video of the BM, trilobite "looks" to be more effective.

Like everyone else said, Trilobite or another type of line cutter. I also carry EM shears on my harness. I keep Trilobite on my wrist computer strap.

Two cutting devices are important especially in different locations in case you can't easily reach one.

Fits horizontally or onto 2 inch webbing. Sits right under my DC and its pretty much the same width. Perfect match imho.

Thanks, I was hoping it might fit vertically on shoulder webbing. Cheers.

Two cutting devices are important especially in different locations in case you can't easily reach one.[/QUOTE]

This very question was posed to me by an Old Salt Instructor a while back and got me to modify what I carry and where.

I carry my XS Scuba titanium saw knife inside my left calf, Dive Rite EMT shears on right Hip, DAN Trilobite on left BC shoulder strap of my TransPac. I can reach all of them with either hand and can get to the trilobite if my arms get snared with my hands near my face.

Prior to the Old Salt's questioning, everything was waist belt and below. I also still have a knife if the BC has to be ditched (I know bigger problems would be in play if that were the case, but like Granny said, "What good is a man without a knife?? :))

A follow up question to the guys that keep the cutting tool on the computer straps:

my logic is that ALL cutting tools should be accessible by both hands, isn't putting it on the computer strap unnecessarily eliminating one hand?

Back
Top Bottom