Cutting Tools

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trilobite EZcut above left D-ring, shears on right waist strap, and BFK inside right calf. Then I add any other implement of destruction I might need for the dive plan.

Bob
-------------------------------------------
All my life I've wanted an excuse to wear a knife, and here I have found a sport where it is actually encouraged~ Dave Barry

I have a small blunt titanium knife on my waist strap, which I've never needed to use in the water, and a Trilobite EZcut (absolutely fantastic) if I know I'm likely to be cutting something. The only problem with the Tribolite is the blade is stainless steel, and will rust if not kept well rinsed after diving.

The best writeup I've ever seen on dive knives is The Politically Incorrect Blade | Shadow Diver | John Chatterton

I was trained to carry 2 cutting devices, and hope you never have to use them in anger. And then I swam into a net. Good thing I can post here now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Another plug for the Trilobite... My only slight whinge is that mine has begun rusting rather quickly in fact after only a handful of dives, I soak and rinse my gear religiously after every dive and use silicone spray

I put some O2 lube on mine, still going strong after >1 year. They also sell a black rust resistant blade

I used to carry a knife on me when I first started out. Since then (and after my tec course) I find myself preferring safety shears. They can be used for so many different things!

I carry a Z-Knife on each chest strap on my rigs.
Big knives are not permissible in Florida fresh waters, and we don't need them in caves.
The only time I carry something in addition to the z-knife is if I am lobstering or spearfishing and need a larger knife as a tool for whatever needs may come up.

Really depends on what I'll be doing, but I never carry something w/a point and the three most common devices I use; are the trilobite, Hollis Titanium hook knife and shears.....I have several different size shears and carry whatever may apply to the situation.......

Back
Top Bottom