Cycling a new battery for LED LUX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sogig

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am now cycling my new battery for the LED LUX canister light...

I found that the burn time is super short, also charged up fully the battery very fast (less than one hour)... is it normal?

Does anyone know what is the normal time to fully charge the battery?

Many thanks

LL

Hi LL,

The answer you seek is in our Online Solution Finder. Look under the category LIGHTS and How do I cycle my NiMH battery?

Here is the link: Dive Rite Solution Finder

You'll be looking at 3-5 cycles minimum. Also, remember to use your light once a month, even if you "dive" it in the bathtub or kitchen sink.

Best,
Kathleen

Thanks! I am actually trying to charge and discharge the light... but I kinda accidentally discharged the light over night (I was suppose to turned it off right after discharged), I am afraid I damaged the battery already... Do you think so?

Thanks

LL

fellows,

I charged and discharged the battery more than 5-6 times already... now the fully charge time is about 15-20 mins then light will go dark less than 20 mins.... :-(

Is it possible the battery already damage? Anyone knows how to "save" it, I only used it once :-(

Many thanks

LL

Hi LL,

Give Mike in service a should at service@diverite.com. He'll help you diagnose a few things and if you're still having troubles, he'll issue a RA and get your battery to the factory (or local distributor) to have a look at it.

Kathleen

over more than 10 times cycling, I only get about 1 hour burn time from my light... I think I really need to contact Dive Rite

Thanks guys

over more than 10 times cycling, I only get about 1 hour burn time from my light... I think I really need to contact Dive Rite

Thanks guys
Yeah, I'm on my second or third cycle and I am getting burn times of about 6 hours now. Something is very wrong for you.

I emailed Dive Rite (Mike) and got immediate reply :) , they replaced it to new battery and sent me back in less than 10 days

The new battery works great (I tested at home, it lasted a couples hour)

Great services from Dive Rite and Mike! Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom