Closed Cylinder Inspection Light

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just use white a christmas light string from the thrift store for $1.

I made one out of a set of these:

1712152260626.png

...and a small stick/dowel I found in my garage, and some clear packing tape. Good enough for my needs. Oh, and some zip ties of course...

...and a small stick/dowel I found in my garage, and some clear packing tape. Good enough for my needs. Oh, and some zip ties of course...

View attachment 834842

I think I came across your post today...I'm thinking of going this route, if not using two metal coat hangers. I want my light to bend and hang from/over the neck of the cylinder, and of course use zip-ties and clear tape to give it that extra reinforcement. Thank you for sparking the idea!

Oooh, I like the idea of a flexible wire! Good thing I bought a 3-pack, I can maybe try that out next :)

I got a 36-inch LED strip light at Home Depot for around 20 bucks. I taped it to a straightened coat hanger. Then, I got Jethro Bodine** fancy and cut the cord to put a switch on it. This brought the total cost up to about $24. It's brighter than the fancy one the shop had from PSI and more versatile and rugged.
**Google "Beverly Hillbillies"

ebay, waterproof led light strip with us plug

Just bought, thank you!

Thank you all for showing me the way!

ebay, waterproof led light strip with us plug

The light came in last week, its bright and perfect, now on to trying to find a UV LED light for O2 cleaning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom