Cylinder pressure anomaly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lesley is correct it is your computer that needs to be calibrated. If it were always off that much I wouldn't worry, but if it were correct at one point then you should get it serviced, because it will continue to get worse.

I get it back form the "hospital" tomorrow and the word is that Scubapro could find nothing wrong with it. Hm.... I guess I'll make another series of comparators and confirm whether it was just a gremlin in the works or whether the error persists.
Thanks for the advice Mr EZG
JC

JC,

As I remember you went to Palau recently...How were the reefs? I have heard that they were "bleached" by El Nino. Did that deter from the diving? We were planning to head there next year, but now are thinking that Yap might be better.

Would appreciate your thoughts...

Joewr

Morning Joewr,
We had a great time in Palau. We spent a week on the Wavedancer 11. Can highly recommend it. Lots have been said about this vessel already and I must say we could not fault it in any way.The diving was all that we expected.
Currents are all tidal influenced. The corals in German Channel were decimated and resembled a lunar landscape. Apart from that, although, corals soft and hard, varied according to location, it was not as bad as I expected.
the "big stuff" was impressive. I am sure you will not be disappointed on a visit. Best do this on a liveaboard.
Cheers,
JC

JC,

I just got to thinking about something else that is related to your computer issue.
I have noticed that I'm always getting a water temp reading about 3 degrees higher than everybody else... I have never done anything about this as it's not critical and I suppose the water temp does not make much difference if it is 45 or 48 degrees...

If Scuba Pro did not find anything wrong, would probably setup a way to monitor that the difference between yours and your wifes Air does not change.

Good luck,
Terkel

Hmm - now you got me thinking about Palau... Dang.

Thanks Terkel,
I finally got this sorted out with Scubapro. I had it tested in the pool by one of their main customers dive instructors and lo and behold they agreed with me that there was certainly a glitch in pressure display. They have just replaced the complete computer unit transferring the digital compass which was OK. I suggest you also taake up cudgels as , ok, temp is not a life threatener, but, it still aint right.
JC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom