cylinder wheels?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

11 Bucks, not bad! She looks like she could carry it if it got stuck in the sand. I'll bet she's too high maintence though! :wink:

-Mark-

CompuDude:
I'd think a little hand truck (which is basically Sam's thing, I guess) would do the job just as well, although with a single tank, Sam's custom hand truck would have no rolling and need no straps. A regular hand truck (with a bungee strap to hold things in place) would work well for both singles and doubles, however.

Sam's cart certainly is priced right, however, and if you're only moving one tank seems like a great idea. Will larger (8") tanks fit it if it was originally built with 72's in mind? Ann Marie, is that what you were describing above?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The model Ann Marie posted for me is the later Mark 11 model. It will accomidate a 70,72 and an 80.

Note that the handle retracks..

Also note the curve on the back side of the carrier. One of the problems encountered on Mark 1 was no place to store on the boat during diving activity. This was solved by creating a pair of 1/2 circle bends that allowed the unit to be stored and secured on the out side of the boat.

Yes it is a fair price...the Mark 11 costs conderably more to make it 35 years ago..

Although it has wide foot print plastic wheels it would probaly perform better with a cheap pair of Harbor Frieght rubber wheels..

SDM

D_B:
Here's how I get my stuff to Catalina, a Stanely 24 gal #29005 rolling tool chest, fits in the hold, and have carried two al80's strapped to the top (HP100 in pic, use ratchet tiedown and rubber floor mat under tank = no slipping) I just put tank back on after arrival

That is the best way that I recommend.

Tank_on_the_tool_box.jpg

Hoosier:

Tank_on_the_tool_box.jpg
I would agree
Note: I did/do not have any cam bands, so thats why the tie down and I have tested the ability of that tie down to securely hold two al80's to the top (just say that you should only go down driveways/ramps, straight, especially over the bump at the bottom ... righting a full divebox with two tanks strapped on it was .. fun :wink: tanks didnt budge though :) )

hollywood703:
you mean these?
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Lot-of-6-Scuba-Tank-n-Tow-Yellow-Wheeled-Boots-NR_W0QQitemZ170136792756QQihZ007QQcategoryZ1300QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

btw these are absolutely worthless, the weels get jammed by the smallest rocks etc........I had a friend who bought one.......he now uses it as a flowerpot.

yeah! the scuba tank & tow - genius!
that's pretty much what I was picturing.
thanks. and thanks to mike for posting the link to Overstock where they're only $12.

with wheels that small, I can't imagine it being used on gravel or sand.
but then again, I don't drag my tank through gravel or sand NOW either.
I carry it.

this would just be for the dives where you've got a long parking lot walk, or pier walk, or boardwalk, etc. And best of all, you won't have to worry about it getting stolen while you're diving or make a trip back to the car to store it - like you would a "cart" or "tub" design. It dives with you. Perfect.

**however, looking at the picture of it on overstock, it makes me think that I may be too tall to use it practically. **

sam miller:
Hoosier:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But does this system work in the muddy cold recently plowed Hoosier corn fields?

SDM

Fortunately, there is no water nearby any Hoosier conrn fields...

The main issue is NOT if this idea works or not. We don't have enouth water to dive... :lotsalove:

Hoosier:
sam miller:
Fortunately, there is no water nearby any Hoosier conrn fields...

The main issue is NOT if this idea works or not. We don't have enouth water to dive... :lotsalove:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is "Conrn?" Do you eat "Conrn on the Crob?"

OR---Is it a secret Hoosier dish? Like; Bergoo, brain sandwiches, or fried krault balls?

"...We don't have enough water to dive????" Interesting statement,

sdm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom