Cypress and Morrison Springs 8-12-09 w/ pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! I think this report it almost par with Mat's! Maybe as since these are UNDERwater. :wink:

Great report and I feel you on the cavern thing. I have been to the point you were at Morrisons, maybe a little less. I did venture into the small side cavern.

Where is the video?

Michael

Great report and I feel you on the cavern thing. I have been to the point you were at Morrisons,
Mat and I were talking the other day....the cavern at Morrison is responsible for getting many of us hooked on cavern/cave diving.

Where is the video?
Putting the finishing touches on that right now.

Mat and I were talking the other day....the cavern at Morrison is responsible for getting many of us hooked on cavern/cave diving.

I started my want to cavern/cave there too. I hated sitting outside as everyone else went in. (certified or not..)

Putting the finishing touches on that right now.

Good, can't wait to see it.

Michael

Last edited:
OMG, where'd I put my glowsticks!?!?

Great video Glen, not so sure about the music though :p Where the heck do you find this stuff? Been hittin up the raves over in Europe a bit much eh?

Cypress certainly has the most stellar visibility ever.

Great report.. I am soo jealous.

Great video. Thanks for posting.... I like the music. :)

Michael

Well Mat is a music snob...if music doesn't inspire the immediate formation of a mosh pit....it is considered elevator music! This was some free sample music that came on my computer. It was long enough so I used it. Actually, I didn't even listen to all of it....I was hoping it didn't say anything bad in the middle of it.:D

OMG, where'd I put my glowsticks!?!?

Great video Glen, not so sure about the music though :p Where the heck do you find this stuff? Been hittin up the raves over in Europe a bit much eh?

Cypress certainly has the most stellar visibility ever.

Amazing video!

I was looking for directions on how to get here, but it says it closed and you can only get there by canoe/kayak. Is it ok to dive there or is it hush hush?

It is a well known, and well used location. The problem is, there is no direct land access to the spring basin...it is all private land. Years ago a guy ran a dive shop at the spring. But Nestle bought him out and now there is not public land around the spring. So, you have to put a boat in at Culpepper Landing and make your way to the spring. It is only takes about a 25 minute canoe ride from the boat launch.

If you need detailed directions just let me know...we will tell you how to get there. There is a guy renting canoes right near the boat launch, so that makes things very easy now. It is a fun dive and is worth the effort to get there.

Amazing video!

I was looking for directions on how to get here, but it says it closed and you can only get there by canoe/kayak. Is it ok to dive there or is it hush hush?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom