Cypress canoe rental question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We rented a pair of canoes from the place off of Culpepper today.
Here is the phone number: 850-535-0145

They were very nice folks and all of the equipment was newer and in very good shape.
I believe he said that the rental rate is $35 per day, we were charged less since we didn't have them a full day.

The place is close enough to the boat ramp that we carried the canoes back.

btw, it was our first time diving Cypress, it was well worth the paddling.

That is great news...thanks for the info. When did you start hitting the clear water...was it clear by the boat ramp, or did you have to make the final left turn on the spring run before the water started clearing???

We rented a pair of canoes from the place off of Culpepper today.
Here is the phone number: 850-535-0145

They were very nice folks and all of the equipment was newer and in very good shape.
I believe he said that the rental rate is $35 per day, we were charged less since we didn't have them a full day.

The place is close enough to the boat ramp that we carried the canoes back.

btw, it was our first time diving Cypress, it was well worth the paddling.

That's how it was when I was there a month ago...was hoping it had cleared a little more since then. We have had a little to much rain for that to happen yet..

Can't wait till Holmes Creek looks like this again...
CypressRiver2small.jpg

It wasn't clear until we hit the spring run, the vis was amazing after that point.

Looks like the canoe rental problem is solved then. Cant wait to get back there next week!

i would be interested in a dive on the 15th. Anyone interested in a trip and renting some canoes? Sounds like a fun time.

Let me see if I can get up to Marianna on Sat. I need a few things there before I go anywhere else. If not I would just have to do it later in the week is all.

Phillip Glen
Home: 850-535-0145
Home2?: 850-535-0001
Cell: 850-532-8675

$30 a day per canoe, he has 8 canoes, working on getting 8 more. They do offer group rates.

He did mention he has trailers if you need to haul the canoes elsewhere. They are wide berth canoes so hauling 2 people and scuba gear is no problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom