D4 Suunto???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richdba

New
Reaction score
Hi All,

My 1st post on here so 1st things 1st...Hello All!

Im thinking of purchasing a D4 Suunto Dive computer/watch.
Im certified to PADI Open Water level...and intend on getting the open water advanced certification this year...starting in April...in Gran Canaria!! and contuning in May in Egypt...cant wait! Im also in to free diving and see the D4 comes with a free dive mode.

So my posting on here is basically to ask...do you guys/girls recomend the D4 Suunto dive computer/watch???...i know there are better models but my budget wont allow for this at present!!

Thanks,
Rich.

Hi Rich
I just bought the D4 for my daughter. If you are ordering from your LDS they should be able to get the Christmas promo on the D4 which includes the download cable along with a 3 ring binder. It is only available in the pink band so you need to order the color band that you would want and it should save you around $50 if you were interested in the download cable, then if you want you can sell the 3 ring binder to recoup some money
imgres

wasnt able to find any deals which included the download cable here in the UK!
so guess will have to purhcase separate when done a few dives.

How is your daughter finding the watch???...has she purchased any screen covers for it to stop it from getting scratched??

I have just ordered my D4...will hopefully arrive tomorrow.

She just received it last week and has not had a chance to use it in OW but we went to the pool with it over the weekend. I have the D9 with the Mineral crystal glass and it seems to be tough as nails. I do not think the D4 comes with this so I will be getting here a protector to keep it from scratching. I can tell you she is excited about have here new computer and I am happy as it will have the same algorithm as my D9, and a conservative one at that.

I've had my D4 for a while now, and have logged over 400 dives using it. I love it, and it hasn't let me down yet. I still have my trusty old Gekko as a backup but the D4 hasn't missed a beat. My only regret is that I couldn't afford a D6, but that's the life of an instructor... perpetual poverty :)

OK. I like the D4 a lot. A good solid computer. It has all features a recreational level diver will ever need. I would say go for it.

I have both D6 and D4.

My D6 is fully metallic, heavy and I'm wearing it as a watch on my hand when not diving and as a primary dive computer on my dives.

D4 I have is a perfect back up computer for me, but in reality if I didn't have D6 it would be the perfect primary dive computer as well. It's well designed, made mostly of plastic and rubber which makes it much lighter (girls appreciate this quality), has pretty much the same software as D6 and one very good feature that D6 lacks is: it's metallic rim is elevated a bit so it protects the glass screen!

I have about 50 dives on my D4, and I even let my friends use it sometimes and it has never failed. I highly recommend it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom