D7 Trilam v.s. D7 Cordura

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

voodoo36

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking to purchase either the Waterproof D7 Pro Trilam or D7 Pro Cordura drysuit. I have 2 questions that I cannot answer from looking at your videos or spec sheets:

1) What are the dry weights of each suit?

2) Is there much difference in flexibility/movement between the two versions? In other words, does the Cordura 'coating' hinder movement or restrict range of motion at all?

I currently own---and love---the D1 Hybrid, but want to replace it with a front zip drysuit. The D7 looks like a great option.

Thanks

Last edited:
I have a D7 cordura ISS pro w/silicone seals. It's very flexible and doesn't restrict me any more than the trilam suits I have owned (pinnacle) or demoed (DUI TLS350) before it. No idea what it weighs. It seems to dry pretty quickly, which is nice.

I just got it in summer 2012 and didn't use it until it got cold here, so only about 30 dives on it...so far so good.

Thanks for the information. Ironic that you bring up the DUI 350 series, as that was another option I was considering. Guess you killed that bird too.

Appears the D7 Cordura is the way to go.

Cheers brother....

Airborne.

Own the D7 Cordura. Love the suit. Folks at Waterproof have outdone themselves. Only 2 minor issues. 1 is the neck ring. It is hard plastic and does make for a Halo feeling when wearing the suit. The other isssue is sizing (waterproof is not yet offering custom sizing). However, if you have had the D1 you should be fine. I have owned several DUI's including the TLS. There is no comparison in terms of durability and extras included on the waterproof.

Own the D7 Cordura. Love the suit. Folks at Waterproof have outdone themselves. Only 2 minor issues. 1 is the neck ring. It is hard plastic and does make for a Halo feeling when wearing the suit. The other isssue is sizing (waterproof is not yet offering custom sizing). However, if you have had the D1 you should be fine. I have owned several DUI's including the TLS. There is no comparison in terms of durability and extras included on the waterproof.

Thanks for your reply. I ordered the D7 Cordura last week and should be receiving it today. Both 'issues' you mentioned (the neck ring, and the lack of customized sizing) are valid and ones I thought about when deciding to go with another Waterproof or something else. In the end, though, these issues were---as you said---'minor' when compared to some of the feedback I was hearing about DUI, Santi, Otter, etc.

Could you post a review? I'd love to know more about WP and how it has been going for you.

I had an issue with my D7 last year. The material had delaminated in the shoulder causing a leak. Waterproof replaced it with a brand new suit, and even had my pee valve installed in the new one before they sent it to me. That's what I call good service.

I do have a couple things I don't love: I have large hands, and wish the wrist seal rings were bigger, and I'd like thicker soles in the built in boots. A longer main zipper would be nice too.

Nice, I'm in the market and may be able to get a huge deal on this suit. I'd love to have a Santi but it looks like the D7 Trilam will be my go to because of the price I am afforded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom