D70 Housings...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Update: Called Ikelite and was told the 8" dome won't be out until the end of the month, which puts it out for my trip Down Under. I'm thinking I can make do with the 6", tho...

Now just wondering whether I should get another strobe...

likelite:
Update: Called Ikelite and was told the 8" dome won't be out until the end of the month, which puts it out for my trip Down Under. I'm thinking I can make do with the 6", tho...

Now just wondering whether I should get another strobe...

Dual strobes will give you more lighting options, plus it give you redundancy if one floods....you can't have enough redundancy for major trips

Karl

As I mentioned I already have the 125, now I'm going to order the DS50...but I'm having trouble figuring out which dual sync cord...

Question for IKE.

Is there an adaptor available that will allow use of the current Aquatica bayonet ports on your newer digital housings.

Chris

I sprung for the housing...love it so far except for one issue: it is heavy. With both the 125 and 50 strobes attached I'm looking at a cool 15 lbs...guess I just better hope I don't drop it by accident and wind up with a CESA. :wink:

Quick question: Should the 6" dome still turn slightly in the housing if I have it seated correctly...? It seems snug, but I'm worried I'm going to flood the sucker.

likelite:
I sprung for the housing...love it so far except for one issue: it is heavy. With both the 125 and 50 strobes attached I'm looking at a cool 15 lbs...guess I just better hope I don't drop it by accident and wind up with a CESA. :wink:

Quick question: Should the 6" dome still turn slightly in the housing if I have it seated correctly...? It seems snug, but I'm worried I'm going to flood the sucker.

The dome will turn until you get underwater and the pressure takes over....not a problem.

THANKS! I called Ikelite and got the same answer, but without much detail...I've got the whole rig insured to the teeth, so it's not a replacement issue, but I'd hate to be stuck on a trip I've wanted to make my whole life without a camera.

I think I may take my old Sea and Sea along as backup, just to be safe...it's only 5 megapixel, but it'd be better than nothing in case something floods.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom