dacor darwin problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baxsom

Reaction score
has anyone else experienced this
i bought my darwin in 2002. first of all i love it. personally i have never seen an easier one to use

but here is my problem
it is eating batteries like crazy, when i first got it one set of AAA's lasted for an entire summer and about 70 dives

now one weekend or 4 -5 dives and it is done and the batteries are toast

any suggestions, the local dive shop took the outer cover off and the seal around the computer is is still intact and there is no corrosion inside the battery compartment

thanks in advance

Mine eats batteries like candy also. Personally, after fiddling with other brands, the Darwin is among the most difficult to use and I am eager to replace it but YMMV.

I reccomend getting some of the e2 Energizer batteries for some extra life.

Do you have the Backlight set to be on permanently? Since that would eat up a set of batteries in 5-10 dives according to the manual.

Tim

ok - I just try to look at the simplest causes first - I had a customer call me to fix their computer last week . . . the power cord needed to be plugged in - LOL.

Sounds like a trip to the factory is in order . . . Bummer. . .

Tim

yeah a trip to the manufacturer is what i figured,
it almost seems easier to get another one
since i am training for DM i am in the water almost every weekend
and i hate using rental gear
oh well
at least i will have a spare
computer in case i need one

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom