Dacor h.u.b.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMWETTERNOW:
Anyone have any experience with a Dacor h.u.b. ? That can provide good or bad feedback along with "do's and don'ts" ????

Most people will say "Don't"
But there have been some other HUB disscussions on here if you do a search for them. I have never used one, so can't comment from experience, but it seems like a bad idea.

I second that motion, I do not own one but have herad more don't's than do's

Just last weekend I heard a horror story involving two divers wearing hub systems...

Apparently one diver had OOA situation and pounced on his buddy, grabbing his reg. The unlucky buddy could not find his second, which was ever-so-cleverly stowed in a pocket. The buddy ended up ditching his gear, doing a free ascent, and surfacing screaming "I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die!".

He didn't die, and the OOA guy made his way to the surface unharmed also.

Neither diver has been seen on this particular dive boat since....

Hmmmmm.

It's a lot like buying a laptop with a lot of proprietary guts inside. You get only what they offer and it is not really upgradeable if it has something you don't like.

I think they are a bad idea.

You cannot search for HUB (4 letter minimum)

So......

Go to the BC forum
Do a search this forum
Search for HUB*

More than one way to skin a recalcitrant cat.

BTW - it is mainly bad news.

Jasonmh:
Most people will say "Don't"
But there have been some other HUB disscussions on here if you do a search for them. I have never used one, so can't comment from experience, but it seems like a bad idea.

Grajan:
You cannot search for HUB (4 letter minimum)

So......

Go to the BC forum
Do a search this forum
Search for HUB*
Better yet, search with "Dacor Hub" in quotes and that way you will only get posts with the linked words "Dacor Hub" in them and you won't get all of the posts returned because they contain the word Hubby.
Jeffrey

Edit:
Sorry, I didn’t read you were searching form BC forum. That search turns out pretty good.
The global search is the one that gets you in trouble with the Hubby.
My mistake,
Jeffrey

No problem!

I did not know the quotes thing worked in this forum so I have learned something incredibly useful.

Thanks

Heffey:
Better yet, search with "Dacor Hub" in quotes and that way you will only get posts with the linked words "Dacor Hub" in them and you won't get all of the posts returned because they contain the word Hubby.
Jeffrey

Edit:
Sorry, I didn’t read you were searching form BC forum. That search turns out pretty good.
The global search is the one that gets you in trouble with the Hubby.
My mistake,
Jeffrey

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom