Dacor Rig Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am in the market for a BCD and I want somthing w/ back inflation (I don't like the "Squeezeee" feeling I always get from a jacket BCD). I would really like a BP/W set up however, I'd like somthing with a little padding and the budget is just not there. Also, I need a BC Now. I don't plan on diving doubles as a rule (be nice if the BC had the option to go doubles.) I typically dive freshwater lakes in central NY w/ 7mm farmer john and jacket.

I happened to come across this on EBAY...

Does anyone know anything about the "Dacor Rig PRO" BCD?

This seems to be somewhat different from an old regular "Dacor Rig"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3688359201&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

It kinda looks like it's on a hazy line between a back inflation BC and a BP/W wanna be...

Anyone have one? Do you like it? Any other input?

Check out Scubatoys.com and see what Larry can do for you. I have a Dive Rite SS plate, Dive Rite Transpac harness (nice padding on the shoulder straps) and Oxycheq 45# single tank wing. Don't forget, singels wings for single tanks and doubles wings for double tanks. They don't work the other way around.

cool_hardware52:
Have you considered the 75LBS of Lift?

Kinda HUGH for a single tank, still HUGH even for most doubles scenarios.

Regards,
ch

OK... Because I'm still a little ignorant about such things... What would be the issue having a BCD with too much lift?

I have used a Zeagle Ranger as a rental, that has 44LBS of lift, and I never had any issues.

As I'm sure you've figured out.. I'm reletivly new in the sport.

hdavid66:
OK... Because I'm still a little ignorant about such things... What would be the issue having a BCD with too much lift?

I have used a Zeagle Ranger as a rental, that has 44LBS of lift, and I never had any issues.

As I'm sure you've figured out.. I'm reletivly new in the sport.

You have come to a great place to learn.

My 2 cents:

Too much wing = more drag, harder to empty air, air moves around in the wing because you are using only a small %, wraps around tank and potentially harder to control ascents.

Bigger is definitely not always better.

Cheers

ch

My buddy dives with this exact BC.
His only complaint so far has been the size of the wing. It DOES have tank wrap issues. He has to use At least an Aluminum 80( he had a slightly smaller steel and it wrapped) as well as some strapping to controll wrapping. It is still a little wrappy
The weight intergration system seems fairly good and is easy to use. i have yet to see or hear of them "just falling out". It has Four pull dumps including the hi-speed inflator.
I like the pull dump inflator, but not the hi-speed part.
He has told me that the cumberbund is comfy and that he loves the easy release and adjust shoulder straps. I dont like the webbing of the sraps but that's just me.
It is an actual bp system and can be reconfigured, if you want to. Seem to be a pretty decent price, but i don't know how much it would cost to reconfigure if you were to need or want to.
Also the problem with such a large volume wing other than drag is how fast you would shoot to the surface if your inflator failed or you just narced and did it yourself.
So there you go, hope it helps some.

I own a Rig Pro. I've put about 150 dives on it in the past year and a half. I don't have many complaints. Mine definately does not have 75 lbs of lift. It's probably around 45. The one major complaint I have is about the webbing for the shoulder straps. By the time I tighten down the shoulder straps, I've got about 10 inches of webbing hanging down from the buckels.

I'm in the process of converting over to a real BP & wing. The good thing is that I can use the BP from the Rig Pro and just put a new one piece harness on it and a new wing.

I have just bought this BC (new), and I'm hoping that someone more familiar with the Rig Pro than I can shed light on the retraction bands and their proper use/setup.

Problem is, with all six installed, the lower two on each side are very close together. Almost touching each other in fact. Is this correct? If not, what's the "best" setup?

I find it odd that the owner's manual doesn't mention them at all.

Thanks in advance..

Back
Top Bottom