dacor rig2 64pound wing to dive rite travel wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but it is a dive rite trans pac harness with a travel wing. my instructor helped me find the gear. the backplate is a foladable but removable foam fully foldable for dive trips.

The transpac harness is a padded harness system that dive rite developed for shore dives with very long and/or difficult approaches. IOW, it was designed for extra comfort on land. This, to me, does not make for an ideal dive set up. That said, there are plenty of happy transpac owners out there.

There is no backplate with the transpac system. A backplate is a rigid metal (occasionally plastic) plate that couples the tank to your back by spreading the point of contact over a large surface. This makes it very stable. That's why backplates are almost universally used with double tank set ups. At some point double tank users also started using backplates for single tanks, and that has become very popular as well among divers that have tried them.

Hopefully you'll be very happy with your transpac, but if not, you can simply get a plate and hogarthian harness, and use your travel wing with that.

@mattboy,

thanks for the info. well i havent seen the gear yet. hopefully i will like it. and yes its good to know that it can be upgraded with a backplate and a harness (dont know exactly what hogarthian is) but i think i have an idea if its the same setup as those using oxycheq and halcyon.

hope fully my instructor and dive shop owner buddy can help me setup the wing if i wont use the transpac harness in the future. at least maybe i can enjoy both setups ( transpac and or backplate and wing only

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom