Dallas - surgical tubing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

great suggestions thanks folks!

Had no idea tuckers existed...really appreciate the tip...only checked a few dive shops in the area and while i am by no means a top notch diver went with tech style gear for my first setup (moved back to Texas from Boston) as there were a lot of divers in harnesses in that area...kinda got worried when i came down here asked one shop if they carried apeks and they asked me what an apeks was...kinda got worried...there was not an LDS who got what I was up to... :)

anyway thank you for all of the help. should be able to find what I need now.

humanphibian:
use bungee, it lasts alot longer. Go to Lowe's or HD and get some of the tie-downs that are bungee with a blue ball on the end, cut at the ball and VIOLA you have a bungee just the right length. Attach with a zip tie. Put the bungee between the zip and mouthpiece and cinch it down. It'll pull out with a good yank if you ever need to get out of it fast.

The tie downs come in a jug with 8-10, they are handy for all sorts of stuff (unlike a roll of tubing)

Scott, kudos on your response

Dave

Teknadv3x:
Scott, kudos on your response

Dave

gotta love the bungee. It'll let you know when it's getting weak, tubing just slaps the **** out of you AFTER it breaks at the most inoppertune time. :11:

humanphibian:
gotta love the bungge. It'll let you know when it's getting weak, tubing just slaps the **** out of you AFTER it breaks at the most inoppertune time. :11:

Hey Scott...how you doing?? Give a PM sometime as not to break into this thread. Hope all ok,,,,have checked a few times at CSSP for you but always miss you....take care man!

The pleasure is all mine.
I have been there myself- you ask for something and you get this glazed look like- Oh god your one of those. I hate it when you have to edumakate the store staff you are buying from. :14:

Tucker's does trips to cave country a couple of times a year. November is the next trip. A lot of the staff dives harness and wings when in doubles otherwise they tend to dive Zeagle BC’s. They carry Suunto, US Divers, Apeks, Scubapro, Zeagle, Pinnacle and DUI drysuits- so there is a look selection of product.

My favorite part is they Partial Pressure blend whatever gas you want while you wait. Because they PP blend they clean the tanks themselves first but it one of the few shops where I can walk in and get what I want without a second visit. Helium is not available at the moment but there is talk about adding it.

Regards, Andrew

robrob:
great suggestions thanks folks!
Had no idea tuckers existed...really appreciate the tip...only checked a few dive shops in the area and while i am by no means a top notch diver went with tech style gear for my first setup (moved back to Texas from Boston) as there were a lot of divers in harnesses in that area...kinda got worried when i came down here asked one shop if they carried apeks and they asked me what an apeks was...kinda got worried...there was not an LDS who got what I was up to... :)

anyway thank you for all of the help. should be able to find what I need now.

Thats great info! My wife and I are headed down to Mexico for Cavern and Intro in sept ..may check into that Nov trip.

I am kind of in a strange spot with the bp/harness setup. Most people who dive this way are pretty experienced. People see the setup and usually have an instant opinion. I chose this method b/c I could build the thing myself (huge tinkerer) and it was the one setup that had a following with a fairly specific shopping list....this was huge for me as a newbie as i did not know what to buy starting out..heheh aside from the snorkle I have not really wasted much $$ on my first set of gear. The other thing I rarely see mentioned is that it is so modular if I had decided I no longer wanted to dive, it is easy to part out and resell assuming you stick in a particular range of gear...I am so glad I went this way. the thing I like most about this now is that gearwise I am pretty much set and can now focus on diving...heheh well i am not sure I will ever stop buying gear...to darn much fun.

Maybe one day the skills will match the gear.

Crazyduck:
The pleasure is all mine.
I have been there myself- you ask for something and you get this glazed look like- Oh god your one of those. I hate it when you have to edumakate the store staff you are buying from. :14:

Tucker's does trips to cave country a couple of times a year. November is the next trip. A lot of the staff dives harness and wings when in doubles otherwise they tend to dive Zeagle BC’s. They carry Suunto, US Divers, Apeks, Scubapro, Zeagle, Pinnacle and DUI drysuits- so there is a look selection of product.

My favorite part is they Partial Pressure blend whatever gas you want while you wait. Because they PP blend they clean the tanks themselves first but it one of the few shops where I can walk in and get what I want without a second visit. Helium is not available at the moment but there is talk about adding it.

Regards, Andrew

Thanks for the tip onthewebsite for thetubing. I have been looking for the colored tubing for a while. Placed an order and it will be here Friday.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom