DAN "insurance"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

here is the DAN insurance page:
Dan

both master and prefered has no depth limits
Only the "Standard" plan has 130 ft depth limit.

The difference that i see between master and prefered is that you get a "per occurence" instead of "lifetime" covarage limit and you get some travel insurance perks...

The thing that i was thinking about how does DAN consider the "max 130ft limit" for the accident. Do they just look at the maximum depth in a dive or the depth that the accident took place at (say 131 feet dive and then run into the boat propeller while surfacing.. would that be a covered injury under standard plan ?)

.. "prefered" plan also covers nondiving accidents but as i understand you have to be outside of your country of residence for that coverage to kick in.

.. I am thinking hard about which plan to get and for now, considering the money i spend on "stupid" stuff like c-cards and diving toys (aka tanks, regs, lights...) it makes sense to get the master or prefered plan even though i don't go pass the rec limit (my deepest dive was to 116 ft)

Looks like my chart was off about depth limits on the Master plan. Thanks for the correction, Matt. I noticed the DAN page lists "Planned" maximum depth. There's another thing to ask DAN.

I get the master plan every year for last four years with a average of 75 dives a year, I personally have never used ther medical side , how ever I have used there equipment insurance once, and had no trouble at all !!
I do know of three instance that Dan medical was used once in fla , other two times off the coast of NC and have followed up on all three and out of everyone of them they have helped and even asissited in more than one way including picking up the bill wear there personal insurance didn't including what was payed out of ones pocket so my choice will still be DAN till I see othere reasons not too!!
again this based upon my persoanl knowledge and nothing more !!!

I just got the Master plan. I had no idea it was so cheap, I can't believe I've gone so long without it.

Thanks to reading threads on this board and others about DAN insurance, I got it (Master)for my wife and I before we ever did our first OW dives after certification.:)

FallenMatt once bubbled...
(my deepest dive was to 116 ft)
:eek:

Let's not go into detail on that one!

Anyway, the DAN Preferred plan and the H2Oinsurance plan looks to be in my near future.

Back
Top Bottom