Dan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No amount of money will ever be worth your life. You obviously consider your life a good investment as evident by your academic pursuit. Why not invest in a little security and get Dan insurance. I started with the Master plan years ago, but I have moved onto the Preferred plan. As an EMT, a technical diver, and an Instructor I think you would have to be out of your mind not to have it. Don’t fall victim to the “It won’t happen to me” syndrome!

On a side note, I think the new Alert Diver is better then most dive magazines. They have done a fantastic job!

I was looking at the differences between the insurance grades and figured I'd check ScubaBoard, however I couldn't find any posts about DAN at all. Is DAN less important / less well regarded than my NAUI instructors caused me to think, or am I useless with a search box?

DAN membership is so important that it goes without saying. I would not dive without it. I also recommend taking the various DAN classes. NAUI/PADI open water is about how to dive. DAN classes is about how to be a safe/healthy diver.

DAN insurance is pretty good too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom