Dan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its so much more than the insurance! Sure, for the average diver it means security knowing you've got coverage for transportation and treatment of a diving related injury. However, the organization is dedicated to overall improvement of the diving world with training and research. I've attended a DAN sponsored continuing medical education meeting and found it to be one of the best I've gone to. DAN researchers are constantly gathering data and information regarding computer algorithms.

The magazine is great reading too!

I always advise divers to take on DAN coverage. Dive insurance is extremely important - especially if you travel abroad and dive. Their coverage is fairly extensive - in terms of types of accidents covered, and geographical reach.

ALSO, very important - many travel insurance plans that extend to diving DO NOT INCLUDE chamber coverage and if you ever have an accident, the chamber visit is the one that is going to be expensive. Always read the small print. As far as I know, all of the DAN plans cover chamber use.

I don't like to pitch for any particular organisation or company but until I hear of another that is as wide-reaching and as good-value-for-money as DAN, I'll stick with it. If you take more than one dive holiday per year, an annual membership with insurance is extremely economical.

DAN membership ... a good organization that has done and continues to do, much research in making diving safer
DAN insurance ... get it, and at the highest level offered "Preferred"
.. you can never know if you will need it ... my friend is 100's of thousands of dollars thankful that she had it

Re: DAN insurance:
Get it, but hope you never need it.
I got it, I needed it, I'll never dive without it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom